★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games not present in all appstores help

11-11-2009, 06:20 AM
#1
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 976
Games not present in all appstores help

hi guys....i live in egypt ....some apps in appstore not present in my country like civilization revolution , romance of three kingdoms touch, :shift:...

i know i can use an itunes gift card made for usA and make an account and download these games..
however i want to know is it legal or not?? sure im not afraid from steve jobs and ofcourse there is no police after that lol
its i dont want to do it if it was considered by apple as illegal coz of some moral values
i know some may find my question wierd but its important to me
so is it illegal to apple to use an itunes gift card for a different country store?

Another thing guys,,, why are these games not present in first place i wonder...?

Thx guys for your help...yr answer is so imp to me cu
11-11-2009, 07:58 AM
#2
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
hi guys....i live in egypt ....some apps in appstore not present in my country like civilization revolution , romance of three kingdoms touch, :shift:...

i know i can use an itunes gift card made for usA and make an account and download these games..
however i want to know is it legal or not?? sure im not afraid from steve jobs and ofcourse there is no police after that lol
its i dont want to do it if it was considered by apple as illegal coz of some moral values
i know some may find my question wierd but its important to me
so is it illegal to apple to use an itunes gift card for a different country store?

Another thing guys,,, why are these games not present in first place i wonder...?

Thx guys for your help...yr answer is so imp to me cu
move to a civilized country.

joke (well not really but what is the likelyhood that he will do what i said, not meant to be taken as an offence, i know thats what i'd do and what i'd like to hear)

11-11-2009, 08:11 AM
#3
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapz View Post
move to a civilized country.

joke (well not really but what is the likelyhood that he will do what i said, not meant to be taken as an offence, i know thats what i'd do and what i'd like to hear)
That is so rude of you....

Joke... no, its not, you are Rude.


Rivozzz, I do not if it is illegal or not, but... I opened a thread, which kind of died, NO dev responded

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
11-11-2009, 08:12 AM
#4
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 976
So is it legal guys or what???? Just a simple question...
Thx in advance....
11-11-2009, 08:18 AM
#5
I'm pretty sure you can just switch countries in iTunes on the bottom right of the app store, and setup an account for that country to purchase - unless you iTunes card is limited by country?
11-11-2009, 08:27 AM
#6
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 49
As far as I know it's neither illegal nor legal. You are not supposed to do it, because there are reasons why some games are not available in some stores. On the other hand Apple doesn't care about it, although many people admittedly do it (mostly not for games, but for TV series).
11-11-2009, 08:33 AM
#7
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 976
Well u can view but u cant buy.....
11-11-2009, 08:42 AM
#8
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 976
Can some one give examples why a game is not Availabe???

Any way i think the judge here is gift card terms of use an so...does something says a gift card is restricted to a its country?
11-11-2009, 09:30 AM
#9
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
Can some one give examples why a game is not Availabe???
Yes, for example Wolfenstein RPG is not available in the german app store, because the original Wolfenstein game is forbidden in germany. Other reasons may involve copyright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
Any way i think the judge here is gift card terms of use an so...does something says a gift card is restricted to a its country?
A gift card is only valid in a specific country's app store. So if you buy one in your local supermarket, you can only use it in your country's app store. If you want one for the US store, you have to go to ebay.
11-11-2009, 09:54 AM
#10
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 942
It's about distribution rights, a company might only have the distribution rights in US, another company has the distribution rights in Europe, another in Asia, Africa etc. This is especially often the case for games made in the 90s.