★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Solid 7 Studios
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Price Drop! Grab now for $0.99!

It's Bounce Pop meets FireFight...with Zombies!!!

From the creators of Bounce Pop 2 comes an all new action game where you have to pop as many Zombie Bouncies as you can! Each Zombie kill brings with it a satisfying "splat", more points, and the ease of mind of knowing your stopping the Undead from the comfort of your iPhone/iPod touch!

*YOUR MISSION..
To pop as many Zombies as you can for the highest score! Just tap on a Zombie to pop it. The more Zombies on screen, the more points you score! Watch out for the Vampire Bouncies. You lose a life each time you tap one!

*IF YOU ACCEPT..
Zombie Pop! is a round-based game. Each Round lasts 2 minutes. Survive to the end of you move on! If the Zombies pile up too high of you run out of lives, you fail..

*FEATURES..
-Endless Gameplay! The game only ends if you fail, so survive as long as you can for the highest score and secure your place in the Leaderboards as # 1!

-Unique Cartoon Styled Graphics! From Blinking Faces, animation buttons and exploding Zombies, Zombie Pop has a cool 2D Look that will definitely turn heads..

-3 Difficulty Levels! Zombie Pop! features 3 different difficulty settings to choose from for the ultimate replay value. Harder difficulties mean more Zombies and higher Score multipliers, but you get less Lives!

-AGON Online Support! Unlockable Achievements worth 1000 Pocketscore points, Hidden Awards, 6 different Leaderboards and persistent Online Profiles await those who Accept the Mission. Offline Support is included for those who wish to just jump in and play. Your scores will be cached and waiting for you the next time you sign in.

-iPod Music! Wanna bust Zombie Heads to your own tunes? Fire up your iPod before you play and you're set! Just don't get too distracted!

*OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE..

-Facebook/Twitter Integration! Share your Highscores and Achievements with built-in support for your favorite Social Networks!

-Have your Stats displayed on the newly created AGON Games website and see how you stack up against others around the globe! (http://agon-online.com)

If you think you have what it takes to make it in Zombie Pop!, the only question that remains is

HOW MANY ROUNDS CAN YOU SURVIVE??

---------------------------------------

*SUPPORT:

Got a suggestion? Need Help? Feel free to email us!
support@solid7studios.com

Follow us on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/solid7studios

AGON Online by Aptocore
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
AGON Online is a leading social gaming platform for iPhone and iPod Touch games enabling:
Online leaderboards
Location aware scores
Awards system
Friends lists
Persistent player profile
Facebook and Twitter integration

blt3d's comments:
Hey guys!

Zombie Pop! is now free for a limited time! Thanks to everyone who has supported Solid 7 Studios! Hope you enjoy the game! Let me know what you think!

On a sadder note..as a former employee of EA Sports Tiburon, I'd like to say good luck to everyone who lost their job this week. It's a shame when good people get let go. It's even worse when the larger companies considers these people expendable. The game industry is definitely losing its values.
11-11-2009, 10:31 AM
after playing for a number of rounds...

-I found the zombie heads hard to pop...even when they were still you would have to sometimes stab at them repeatedly to get them to pop
-I started playing on medium level and made it to level 4 or 5 without losing any of my lives and I finally quit because I was getting frustrated at the difficulty of getting the heads to pop
-I definitely had a high enough score to get some of the lower achievements, but when I went to agon, none of them were there

Stuff I liked:
-I liked how the zombies changed expression...that was a cute touch.
-I liked how the zombie heads kept moving around and the danger of the red vampire heads being there to add to the challenge...it was just the touch mechanics that frustrated me.
-I liked the use of global scoring and achievements (would have been better if they'd have worked...)

Would love to see powerups and maybe another head (like a mummy head maybe) you have to avoid...or maybe if you press it, it clears the screen like a bomb or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

11-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks for making this free.

Played a bit but felt a little misled by the "zombie" part

Anyway, how exactly does it work? The instructions stated that touching the red "vampire" will cost a life, but actually it is game over if you touch it. The instructions also stated that allowing the zombies to pile up means game over, but so far it doesn't seem possible for that to happen - touching any "zombie" doesn't kill just that alone, but also several others randomly. I was playing on Hard, got through a few rounds and my curiosity led the way to the game over screen (touching the red guy). Seems like the game could have gone on forever otherwise...
11-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
after playing for a number of rounds...

-I found the zombie heads hard to pop...even when they were still you would have to sometimes stab at them repeatedly to get them to pop
-I started playing on medium level and made it to level 4 or 5 without losing any of my lives and I finally quit because I was getting frustrated at the difficulty of getting the heads to pop
-I definitely had a high enough score to get some of the lower achievements, but when I went to agon, none of them were there

Stuff I liked:
-I liked how the zombies changed expression...that was a cute touch.
-I liked how the zombie heads kept moving around and the danger of the red vampire heads being there to add to the challenge...it was just the touch mechanics that frustrated me.
-I liked the use of global scoring and achievements (would have been better if they'd have worked...)

Would love to see powerups and maybe another head (like a mummy head maybe) you have to avoid...or maybe if you press it, it clears the screen like a bomb or something.
I agree, expect the touch controls were way worse for me.

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp
11-11-2009, 10:46 AM
On the Hard difficulty you only get 2 lives, so if you touch a Vampire bouncie twice its game over.

If you pop a Zombie that spawned after a group of other bouncies, all those in that group get popped also. It's suppose to work as a combo system to ease the amount of popping you have to do. (there can easily be 40+ Zombies on screen)

If the Awards are not unlocking, did you load up AGON before you played? There's a button on the Main Menu, and you need to sign in before you play or you won't unlock any awards. There's an update on the way that fixes that.

As for the popping issues, I've noticed that in my testing everyone plays alittle differently. I find it easier to tap with my thumbs in the center of the Bouncie. What devices are you guys using? Also, restarting before playing could fix it too, as your devices might be running low on memory. If that doesn't help let me know!

Brandon L. Townes
President/Lead Designer @ Solid 7 Studios
Dev Blog
Follow Us on Twitter!
11-11-2009, 11:02 AM
I tried a few times - touching the red guy once means game over. And there is no way the guy was bouncing because I let it settle in the bottom covered all over by the greenies. The red guys otherwise pose no danger at all once you let them settle down at the bottom.
11-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Are you playing on an iPod touch? If Zombie Pop is played on an iPhone, the game vibrates when a Vampire is tapped, and it takes away 1 life. I'm not sure if any iPod touch models have vibrate functions, but I'm pretty sure they don't. Either way, Hard Mode goes pretty quick if your not careful. Try an easier difficulty. Easy starts off with 10 lives, so the game definitely shouldn't end if you tap 1 Vampire.

Brandon L. Townes
Dev Blog
Follow Us on Twitter!
11-11-2009, 11:40 AM
I played on an iphone 3G, OS 3.1.2 and I was trying to tap on the zombies with my index finger...it just seemed to me that my touches were not being registered as I could be stabbing at a zombie repeatedly and nothing would happen

...nope I didn't sign into agon first since I expected my scores to be pushed to agon when I went there

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Scores can only be cached if a user is signed in first, otherwise AGON has no idea who are you

I find it easier to use my thumbs when trying to pop, especially on the harder difficulties when theres more zombies on screen.

Brandon L. Townes
Dev Blog
Follow Us on Twitter!