★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bejeweled 2 + Blitz [v1.5.3]

11-11-2009, 12:07 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Bejeweled 2 + Blitz [v1.5.3]

But you need a Facebook account though

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillBill18 View Post
You need a Facebook account to compete with your friends, but you can still play the Blitz mode offline to practice and increase your score. Your sentence may mislead people to believe that in order to play it at all you need a constant internet connection, which is not true.

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

Last edited by eggzbacon; 11-11-2009 at 12:35 PM.
11-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
That is odd that they would do that. Bumper Stars, a game that I really like is similar in that you can really only get the good stuff (unlockables) if you have a Facebook account. I do have an account, so I may grab Bejeweled Blitz.

Okay, just realized this is an update (still learning to read) and not a new game. Played a few games and it is pretty fun, I think I like it better than the main game, since it is only a minute. I can see that some of my Facebook friends have played this a lot.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 11-11-2009 at 12:21 PM.

11-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Quote:
You need a Facebook account to compete with your friends, but you can still play the Blitz mode offline to practice and increase your score. Your sentence may mislead people to believe that in order to play it at all you need a constant internet connection, which is not true.
11-11-2009, 12:35 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillBill18 View Post
sorry 'bout that

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
11-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Quote:
sorry 'bout that
It is alright. I forgive you for having the word bacon in your name. Bacon makes the world go round.
11-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Awesome, this is one of my favorite games to play while riding the recumbent bike. Downloading now! Thank you pop games!
11-11-2009, 01:19 PM
I wish Popcap would've updated Peggle with Peggle Nights and would hurry up with Plants Vs. Zombies instead!

Last edited by droppin' loads; 11-11-2009 at 01:22 PM.
11-11-2009, 02:54 PM
I've been playing this loads on Facebook so now it's out on the iPhone I may as well wave goodbye to my free time!!!

The fact that they've made it sync with Facebook is a good thing so you can compete with your friends whether they've got an iPhone or not. The leaderboards get cleared weekly too so no one gets an unassailable lead for long which is again good I reckon.

Having had a few games on the iPhone I'd say that you're probably at an advantage using the iPhone over playing with a mouse on Facebook. It's just so much more intuitive and less laggy than using a mouse.

And as a free upgrade if you have Bejewelled well that's just the icing on the cake. I'd have happily paid for this game mode. I find the other game modes too longwinded.
11-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Fantastic update (possibly the best free app update ever?)!

I was a little disappointed in the BEJEWELLED 2 app when I discovered Blitz mode, but for them to have incorporated it for free is amazing. Only strange thing now is that despite having updated the app to 1.2 twice on my phone now, it's still listed in my mobile app store updates...
11-11-2009, 03:07 PM
So then, excuse my ignorance, is this an update to Bejewelled 2?