★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Eliss Sequel Announced: EDGELISS

11-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Eliss Sequel Announced: EDGELISS

@stephbysteph

Quote:
Coming soon: EDGELISS - the sequel to Eliss - will revolutionize iPhone gaming with new groundbreaking concepts that will blow everybody's mind: EDGE-D (boosts infinite dimensions way beyond 4D), EDGE-Touch (touch with way more than just your fingers), and EDGE-Black (where sounds and visuals become way much cooler).
Link

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 11-11-2009 at 04:16 PM.
11-11-2009, 04:14 PM
be careful....because it has the word edge in it you might have it removed

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ

11-11-2009, 04:14 PM
What-the-frack-is-this?

First game in progress...
11-11-2009, 04:15 PM
This game is doomed just with that name...
11-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamboy View Post
What-the-frack-is-this?
I just wanna thank you for putting that in your sig....makes me feel liked.... wow just makes me think how much my life sucks.

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.
11-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I'll buy just about anything that uses the word Edge! But a sequel to Eliss sounds epic...

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...
11-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoneprogrammer View Post
I just wanna thank you for putting that in your sig....makes me feel liked.... wow just makes me think how much my life sucks.
LOL it is a hilarious quote though.

I bet this guy has hired the best lawyers in the business, and he's gonna take Tim Langdell down. It's all part of the PLAN!

First game in progress...
11-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Hmmm. Now it makes sense....

TA Blog post : Indie Developers Band Against EDGE Trademark Claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn
In an apparent move to band against Tim Langdell's over aggressive defense of the trademark "EDGE", a number of indie developers have made announcements today that their upcoming games will incorporate the EDGE name.

FEZ becomes EDGE
Sequel to Eliss – EDGELISS
Closure becomes Closure on the EDGE of Reality
LEDGE Dismount from Secret Exit
Edgeward McEdgington

The move seems to be in response to another takedown target of Tim Langdell's which was detailed this week.
Quote:
Killer Edge Racing from PuzzleKings is the latest game to be targeted by IP hunter Timothy Langdell, who has complained to Apple that the casual title is infringing his Edge trade mark.
Additionally, it appears that Langdell has now applied to register a trade mark for "Killer Edge Racing" in a bid to prevent PuzzleKings from using the name, despite the fact that the game has been around for five years.
11-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I fear, we won't see such a game.
This is part of the Langdell-Troll-Day and I think, it's just a joke.
But a sweet one.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
11-11-2009, 06:23 PM
I think this is a really good idea. Maybe the guy who keeps trying to remove the name from everyone else will just give up...or not.

it just seems like the more people with "edge" in their title, the harder it would be for it to be trademarked.

Follow me on Twitter
Best iOS Games Ever Made: Jetpack Joyride, Doodle Jump, Tiny Wings