★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Yet-to-be-named Aquarium Game (In Development)

11-12-2009, 01:14 AM
Yet-to-be-named Aquarium Game (In Development)

Starting with only one guppy, your task is to fill your tank with dozens of guppies and collect as many coins as humanly possible. Keep your guppy alive and let it grow by making sure it's never hungry, and it'll poop out coins. Collect enough coins, and you can buy your next guppy. The goal is to progress through a dozen stages by increasing your fish population and collecting enough money.

These are some super early screenshots. Development is currently 50% complete, and the artwork should be complete by the end of next week. We're aiming for a release before the end of December.

If you've got any ideas (especially for a name), *please* post. I'll be checking in every day or so to update on the development progress. If any of your ideas, for the name or otherwise, end up being integrated into the final game, I'll ensure you're on the beta tester list as well as shoot you a $20 iTunes gift card when all is said and done. This obviously doesn't apply for any ideas I've already thought up.

If you've ever played an old flash game, Insaniquarium, you obviously know where I got the idea. I plan on changing a ton of stuff along the way, however, so hopefully it ends up being even more addictive than the original.

Last edited by vilcsak; 11-12-2009 at 02:54 AM.
11-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Ho ho ho... I loved insaniquarium. Glad that you were inspired by the game

And those fish look like chocolate flavored goldfish crackers lol (not a bad thing -- its pretty cute )

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

11-12-2009, 02:32 AM
Baha.. I never even thought of them looking like chocolate covered goldfish crackers, but they totally do!

Keep in mind that the game is going to look a billion times better than that. Those images were done without any fish animations or coin and food animations. The background is also just something I threw in there. In short, I want this game to look spectacular, and I won't stop until it does.
11-12-2009, 02:52 AM
Good luck! I totally loved Insaniquarium so Im sure I'll love your game too

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
11-12-2009, 03:34 AM
looks good... but all those fishies eyes looking at me is kinda creepy in a way...
11-12-2009, 03:37 AM
Wow I totally forgot about Insaniquarium until I read this thread, that game was great! If I think of anything I'll let you know.
11-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Ha now that I look at it, the fish eyes do look a little creepy. I might see if I can get our artist to do them again.
11-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilcsak View Post
Ha now that I look at it, the fish eyes do look a little creepy. I might see if I can get our artist to do them again.
dont! i think the eyes really add charm to the game, as the art style is already a bit 'spoofy'
11-12-2009, 03:55 PM
a greater range of fish would be cool and would add variety to the game. it doesn't matter if they all do the same thing, just it makes the game feel a bit more fresh.

i really like the art style tough, and i think the eyes are awesome :]

name idea- the moneypoo fish
i chose this name because the name has the same kind of tongue in cheek humour as the game art as well as it's concept!

maybe once in a while, a predator fish comes and will eat the fishes. to shoo him away, you could tap him several times

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

Last edited by jak56; 11-12-2009 at 04:04 PM.
11-12-2009, 06:33 PM
I originally loved the eyes cause of the dorky, clueless look. There will be at least three types of fish, and art for the predator shark should be coming in later this evening