★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Sheeple Episode 3: Holy Sheeple!

11-12-2009, 08:24 AM
Sheeple Episode 3: Holy Sheeple!

Episode 3 of Sheeple has been approved by Apple this evening. The new title "Holy Sheeple!" refers to all of the changes in this new version. The community has spoken and we have addressed all of the feedback from the Sheeple community. This is your opportunity to join in on all of the fun if you do not already have Sheeple! Get it now for $1.99!

Keep an eye in the contest forum for a new contest that we will announce today!

Changes:
- 10 new levels (now a total of 80 levels! - 20 more coming in the next release)
- Crate sliding sensitivity drastically improved
- Faster crate sliding
- Timer changed to count up and background added to make more visible
- New level and game scoring system (gold, silver, and bronze level medals)
- In-game tutorial
- Background music
- New sound setting menu to turn music and/or sound effects on/off
- Crate sliding sound effect (grass and bridge)
- Upgraded to OpenFeint 2.2
- Leaderboards
- Friend Challenges
- Many new achievements
- Ability to undo bridge placements
- Unselect a tool
- Updated some of the existing levels to be better balanced
- New main menu Play and Levels menu options
- Drastically updated and improved level selection screen
- Help screen page numbers
- Updated start help screen explanation includes all star types
- New credits help screen
- New loading image
- Bug fixes

Coming next (submitted on 11/12/09):
- 20 new levels (brings total to 100 levels)
- New achievements
- Upgraded to OpenFeint 2.3
- Misc changes

iTunes link ($1.99): http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=329732332&mt=8
Game website: http://tomatofactory.com/games/sheeple

Gameplay Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	0
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	10530   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.PNG
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	10531   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.PNG
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	10532  

Name:	4.PNG
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	10533   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	10534   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	10535  

Name:	7.PNG
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	10536   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.PNG
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	10537  

Last edited by vhariable; 11-16-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Changed "submitted to" to "approved by" Apple.
11-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Wow you guys are really pumping them out! Great job! Congrats on THIS update and looking forward to the NEXT one but now getting back to finish the new levels! Fantastic!

11-13-2009, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the updated features, Vhariable. I got what I wanted -- improvement to the speed of sliding the crates and a count up timer.

About the crates -- I'm wondering, would be possible to be able to drag a path covering several squares in a straight line (from crate to desired destination) so the crate can just slide over, rather than to slide your finger several times to get it to move across a few squares?
11-13-2009, 04:30 AM
Ah good news! But I'm travelling and not able to update my idevice Oh well, something to look forward to when I get home.
11-13-2009, 08:50 AM
@New England Gamer: What do you think of the new version?

@Ravenblack: Yes, I think both of those changes make a huge difference! That is actually an interesting idea. I will have to consider that for a furture update. That would also be an interesting feature to add to the Sheeple swiping also.

@Squeaker: Please let me know what you think of the new version once you get a chance to play.

The next update was submitted yesterday, so if trends continue then it will probably be released in the next 1-1.5 weeks. That update includes 20 new levels.

We are also having a contest to celebrate this new release. You can find out more here.
11-13-2009, 09:16 AM
I really am liking the new version. The count up clock is perfect! I must have misunderstood because I actually thought the crates WERE going to move along with your finger this time, but clearly moving them is much easier now! I am also finding on the new levels the stars are not as hit or miss as before - I know we discussed that so not sure if on the earlier levels that is changed. I just know now that I feel its more skill then luck to find them. But as a whole this update makes this feel so new and fresh! It's like a whole new game again! I noticed too I got scores assigned for earlier levels - so it really remembered how I finished those levels! But many of those were pre-prodding so I bet I can get those scores higher for the time bonus!
11-16-2009, 11:17 PM
@New England Gamer: Sorry if I misunderstood/communicated the changes related to the crate movement. They are much faster and more sensitive, but I have been giving the idea of instant movement a lot of thought! I think it might actually fit into the game very well and would make moving crates even more fun.

Yeah, make sure to replay the earliers levels to try for gold! Also, check out the in-game tutorials on levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 12.

Important News
For those that don't watch the Promo Codes and Contests forum, check out this new promotion we have for Sheeple! Costs nothing, but could get you an incredible game for free (400 Twitter followers = FREE Sheeple weekend)!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=33342

We are also holding a contest here for those that already own Sheeple. Still time to join this contest so get going!
11-16-2009, 11:20 PM
No worries! I really like the way they are and if you add them moving in a path awesome! There are so many things I love about this update I can't even begin to list them! I will definitely replay those levels!