★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Number7 combines the easy fun of casual drop-and-break games with the smart, brain-stretching enjoyment of simple number puzzles.

While the game may seem intimidating at first, with its grid of all sorts of numbers and the occasional boulder, it is actually deceptively simple. The game is played by dropping numbered discs into a grid, one by one, attempting to clear other discs off. A disc is considered "cleared" when it is in a row or column the size of the number on the disc. For example, if you placed a disc labeled 3 into a row of three discs, the disc of 3 would be cleared.

It's is a very beautifully designed iPhone game: simple and elegant, that is just right for an afternoon delight.

LordGek's comments:

Drop 7 with the power-ups like the original web game (Chain Factor)!! This was the long promised Drop7 update now done by the "upstarts", Powerise. Hey, I would have preferred to see this done by Area Code but as they seem to have dropped off the face of the Earth I'll gladly snag this (although, to be honest, I was hoping this would have been a free update to their previously released Drop 2).
11-12-2009, 06:21 PM
on sale for 99 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

11-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
on sale for 99 cents
While I'm not sure if this is really a sale or the new price with the $5 being their cute way to say, "Although we've been charging $1 for most of our games (this no exception) it is totally worth $5!"?

I have waited so long to do Drop 7 with the wacky power-ups so I can't wait to give this a spin.

It makes the ol' Drop 7 into a little Strategy/RPG (you need to pick your combination of skills before starting a game of Survival Mode)!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-12-2009, 08:06 PM
So this has everything Drop7 has, plus more?
11-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
So this has everything Drop7 has, plus more?
How about it being seen as a DIRECT rip of Chain Factor (http://chainfactor.com/), the game that Drop 7 was based from.

I'm not sure if any of the power-ups/skills have had their names altered but it does look like a pretty unadulterated rip of Chain Factor which, since nobody else has fully done it yet, I don't have a problem with it.

My iTunes Reviews
11-12-2009, 08:13 PM
It seems exactly like drop2 with power ups....?

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
11-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Hmm cool I've played Chain Factor, but I've only messed with basic mode which is pretty much what Drop7 is.

I might have to get this, though I really wish I could've supported the original devs with my money instead of these guys.
11-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I got it but not really all that pleased since I bought Drop 2 as well. Basically Drop 2 is the basic mode of this game. Which kinda makes Drop 2 the Lite version.

There's also no way to save your game or turn off the game play music that I don't like. The developer really needs to make the game more friendly.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
11-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the impressions jasonsmith, I think I'll hold off for now.
11-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Not being able to turn off the insipid music is a bit of a pisser but being able to play Drop 7 with skills/power-ups is pretty cool. There are three modes to choose from:

Basic: Straight Drop 7 Action.
Survival: Drop 7 and you can use 1 of the game's 12 selectable skills.
Power: Drop 7 with any 3 of those 12 skills.

These skills add some interesting little tweaks from always in effect passive stuff to activateable powers once you've saved up enough power (not sure if it is over time or based on game score).

I think the Power modes is pretty clever as it is up to you to try to figure out which 3 of the skills not only work best with your playing style but work particular well together (like one skill, Thrive, which allows you to gain mana/power much quicker but wouldn't mean anything on its own without a skill to activate with this mana).

My iTunes Reviews