★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: King Strike is a new generation action pool game for iPhone and iPod Touch.
The storyline complements the original gameplay and makes the game exciting and appealing to all ages.
In addition to playing the campaign, one can also play multiplayer over the Internet with friends to earn points and achievements.
Perform combo maneuvers for extra points and bonuses!
Watch out for bombs, holes and blocks!
Play solo or with your friends!

Story:
The evil magician Krakabur has kidnapped a prince of the Ice Kingdom.
King Mirolad is gathering an army to free his only son.
You have to use all your courage and wits to save the prince.

Key features of King Strike:
* A graphic novel storyline
* Single player
* Instant multiplayer with global chat
* Multiplayer challenges
* OpenFeint support
* Player profiles with OpenFeint support
* 10 unlockable achievements
* Facebook and Twitter integration
* Global online leaderboards
* Two players feature and Bot match
* 30 challenging single player levels
* 25 multiplayer levels
* 4 game areas: glacier, desert, dormant volcano and football multiplayer area
* Nice music and sound effects
* Listening to your own music while playing
* Autosave game on exit

Reviews:
"Great graphics with a fun looking story line and gameplay. Thankfully this was exactly what I got... This game is great for having some good fun with your friends. Its always fun to have a simple 2 player game to enjoy on a trip." - by TouchAholic.coms

"King Strike is not really a pool game but it derived its element from it, made a good story behind it and blends in some nice ides into the table." - by PocketFullOfApps.com

"King Strike is quite an unusual game. Though the idea is very simple, I dont think Ive seen anything like it on the iDevice yet. I really enjoyed King Strike. It proved to be very addictive and entertaining." - by TouchMyApps.com

"Die Gafik des Spiels ist sehr gut, auch Sound uberzeugt mich voll und ganz und ich vergebe alle funf Sterne. Das Spiel macht sehr viel Spa?, doch ist es manchmal ein bisschen schwierig." - Sevenmac.de

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGLdZqaTRG8

Ebeckettt's comments:

What’s new in 1.0.3:
- Listening to your own music while playing
- Multiplayer and single player bugfixes
- Player profiles with OpenFeint support
- Instant multiplayer with global chat
- Restart button for levels

More: http://blog.vm-mobile.com/?lang=en
11-12-2009, 03:31 PM
This looks interesting. I'll TOFTT at that price. Impressions in a bit.

11-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Send a message via AIM to onewithchaos
POOL!!!!!

oOooo. awaiting first impressions
11-12-2009, 03:45 PM
I have been waiting for this to come out. Buying...Right...Now.
11-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Thumbs up from me!

I'm really enjoying it. The game is basically a pool battle - you use your own balls to knock enemy balls off the screen or into holes. It's quite fun, and the animation is silky-smooth.

You can take your time with the game - on your turn, you choose a ball, the direction of the hit, and set the power before hitting a button to execute the strike. Controls are good overall, but my one gripe is that it's sometimes hard to set the power of your strike to 100% exactly, due to that being on the edge of the bar.

The AI is competent at the lowest difficulty level, and tends to get one ball with every turn, providing a reasonable challenge. I haven't tried harder difficulties yet, but you can change them from the options menu at any time.

If you knock out two enemy balls with one strike, you get a spinner which can give one of your balls a random bonus, like getting larger. This can really help you win a battle.

There is a storyline, and it's pretty basic and straightforward so far.

Downsides: The game doesn't let you play your own music. The music within the game is quite nice.

I am a bit concerned that the single-player campaign may be a bit short, since I'm already on level 5 (out of 30).

All in all, definitely worth a buck. It's fun, it's got a campaign mode, and it's got gameplay I haven't seen before.

I'd love to see these battles done with more interesting stuff in campaign mode (which right now is a straightforward level sequence) - for instance, like the ability to recruit balls and send them around a map fighting other ball armies. I think there's a lot of potential here to build up on an excellent 'battle' system.

Last edited by Comassion; 11-12-2009 at 03:59 PM.
11-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Okay...quick impressions as I have only played three battles. This game is fantastic and a steal for .99.

Very cool graphics, wonderful music and excellent control. There is a fun/cute story that goes along with this as well as an overworld map that your character (automatically) travels on to engage in battle.

Battles take place like a pool game where you take turns trying to shoot the other balls off the table. There is a lot of strategy as you can try to take out more than one ball at a time and you have to try to not leave your ball in a bad place. (that really sounds horrible to say it that way) You get a line to show where your strike will land and then a power meter at the bottem.

Looks like there is a two player mode as well. Really great, fun game.

Edit:Tried the two player mode and it is great as well. There are over twenty maps (maybe 30) with differnt starting positions for your red and blue armies. This is same system multiplayer, so you just pass the system back and forth. The only minor issue I see is that the the screen does not flip for the red army. This means that the set for single player with the power bar at the bottom for the blue army is in play here. So, the red army shoots down which might be a little more challenging for someone but not a big deal IMO.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 11-12-2009 at 04:03 PM.
11-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Are there global high scores ? or not necessary for this game ?
11-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Are there global high scores ? or not necessary for this game ?
No. This is really more of a puzzle/simple adventure game. It does seem to track local scores though but I haven't looked at that.

This game is really well done.
11-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Could not resist, although I'm very busy playing Bubbles by Playray, Ka-Glom (now free)
and Comb (now free).
I second Comassion and BazookaTime.
Great game, not so easy as it looks in the video.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
11-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to onewithchaos
can someone embed the video. cant access it.