★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Fortress Frenzy (Now FREE -26/Oct)

11-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Fortress Frenzy (Now FREE -26/Oct)

Hey TouchArcade,

I'm the acting producer for Pockent and Fortress Frenzy is one of my titles. I wanna apologize for the post from yesterday. We're still not sure who made the post, but I feel it's a good chance they are on our team. It's likely a case of over-eagerness, and I don't blame their enthusiasm, but it's definitely not the way we want to promote our games.

You have a serious community here, and we don't want out games or promotions to be a source of frustration for you guys. I rarely post on this site, but I'm a frequent visitor and you guys have something rare here that shouldn't be disrupted with spammy posts. Regards,

Jeremy Sprague
Producer
Pockent
11-12-2009, 04:25 PM

11-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Well I tried to warn them as soon as I saw the first post from the first member asking if he was the dev. Unfortunately they didnt get my point and went on doing what I feared. Hope the admins accept your apologies and allow you to have the game thread here

EDIT: looks like they already accepted your apologies ( assumption based on Dave`s post above)
11-12-2009, 05:39 PM
do you have any gameplay video of your game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Ok so has anyone had a chance to play this?

I'm playing it now, and man, I have to say I am impressed! Before each battle there's a dialogue between two people; I chose the human campaign, so you have this knight with sunglasses (hilarious) and his subordinate, and each mission has its' own snarky exchange between the two.

Example: Sunglasses dude goes
"That wonderful feast of cabbage, broccoli, and beans should provide the troops with explosive energy for the battle ahead!"

Subordinate goes "Explosive is right! If we don't kill them with our swords I'm sure our bowels will."

See? Humor!

People may complain about the double tapping, but you have to see that it controls just like galcon. You can select multiple towers/castles, and send forces to take over enemy castles in that respect. That's why the double tapping makes sense.

So far so good; any other responses so far?

Edit:

Well I'll keep going then... I beat the shit out of the undead.. if anything, the game seems to be rather easy, but perhaps my skill from Galcon transfers over. It's pretty satisfying to toy with the enemy, and take advantage of the bonuses that pop up from time to time. The key is in selecting multiple towers and stomping off towards the enemy... I'd say more, but I don't want to give away the game!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans

Last edited by Wegmans; 11-12-2009 at 09:24 PM.
11-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Yep, I've been playing a few games and it's a very fun game quick skirmishes and cool graphics make this my 5 minutes here and there go to game.
11-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Yep, I've been playing a few games and it's a very fun game quick skirmishes and cool graphics make this my 5 minutes here and there go to game.
Right? Isn't it pretty fun? I was going to compare it to that attractive looking 3D game that came out a while ago, but I can't remember the name (even though I bought it). Because they didn't support it, I thought "What a waste of a great idea and engine!"

This is more like a medieval castle takeover game. The matches are quick, the dialogue is hilarious, and the tapping is, like the title denotes, a frenzy.

I think this should do pretty well!

11-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I read your comments guys and got this immediately and am very happy I did! This is totally polished and funny and clever and strategic all at the same time! I seem to only get the chests by chance - is there a tip for that?

Double tap is a necessity in these kinds of games - its galconesque sort of way. Not sure if that was a real complaint from earlier or not but I guess I am just used to it from other games of this nature.
11-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
I read your comments guys and got this immediately and am very happy I did! This is totally polished and funny and clever and strategic all at the same time! I seem to only get the chests by chance - is there a tip for that?

Double tap is a necessity in these kinds of games - its galconesque sort of way. Not sure if that was a real complaint from earlier or not but I guess I am just used to it from other games of this nature.

Hey! Glad we're on the same page! I think you can just select a tower and send guys off to a chest, then you get the bonus.. That's what i've been doing, but perhaps it's by chance too?

I agree, I think the double tap is necessary, and so far so good! I wish the dev would change the title of this thread so that we can have a more accurate discussion lol.. apology accepted, you know?

11-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Okay now I'm sold too. Thanks guys (and girl) for the impressions

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com