★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: C2Matrix
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.6 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: AngelRush is a top-down two-dimensional shooter, like Treasure's Ikaruga.

There are two colors of enemies and you can switch your polarity at any time to match them. Red bullets can't hurt you while you're red and likewise for blue. Instead, the player's ship absorbs the attacks which can later be unleashed in a special laser attack. In this way it becomes possible to survive even as the majority of the screen is covered in an unending stream of bullets.

Much of the challenge of AngelRush comes from careful polarity-switching. This is especially true when fighting bosses, as they often fire bullets of both colors in overlapping patterns. The game also presents navigational challenges where the player must maneuver through continual streams of weapons fire, using their shields to absorb one color while avoiding the others.

The game use accelerometer to control the ship, swipe up to release homing lasers, swipe down to switch polarity.

AngelRush is truly a shooter fan's shooter.
11-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Out already?? Sweet, just bought it!!
11-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Video would be nice. It looks good and I am keen to get it but would love to see how it plays.
11-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Well I was kind of hoping for a bit more... I was expecting something of a ZUN-like bullet hell type game. It's not that hard from what I played so far, so I'm hoping it'll get harder. The music is really just a looping clip, I turned it off cuz it didn't add anything to the game and started to get annoying.

You control the angel with the accelerometer, it's decent but not quite as responsive as other accelerometer games. Swipe up to fire, swipe down to polarize. It's not bad, but I'm hoping that it will get a bit more varied as I play, as at least the first and second stage have the same background, same music, and same enemies.

Anybody played any of ZUN's games like Perfect Cherry Blossom or Shoot the Bullet? I'd love to see some crazy bullet hell games like those for the iPhone. Closest I've seen so far is the free game Internal Force, and then probably this game. Who knows, maybe TSA will develop one!
11-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitskater6 View Post
Well I was kind of hoping for a bit more... I was expecting something of a ZUN-like bullet hell type game. It's not that hard from what I played so far, so I'm hoping it'll get harder. The music is really just a looping clip, I turned it off cuz it didn't add anything to the game and started to get annoying.

You control the angel with the accelerometer, it's decent but not quite as responsive as other accelerometer games. Swipe up to fire, swipe down to polarize. It's not bad, but I'm hoping that it will get a bit more varied as I play, as at least the first and second stage have the same background, same music, and same enemies.

Anybody played any of ZUN's games like Perfect Cherry Blossom or Shoot the Bullet? I'd love to see some crazy bullet hell games like those for the iPhone. Closest I've seen so far is the free game Internal Force, and then probably this game. Who knows, maybe TSA will develop one!
Yes, I LOVE the Touhou series

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius