★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: WORMS Express

Welcome to an immediate, quick to play experience of the famous Worms strategy game for players wishing to grab a quick slice of this sublime, action-packed turn-based strategy phenomenon.

With a new selection of single player battles, an arsenal of ridiculously explosive weaponry and the same great mix of strategy and skill that has made WORMS a classic, WORMS EXPRESS is not only incredible value, it's also a classic WORMS experience embellished to a high standard for your Apple device.

- Highly entertaining single player gameplay that's easy to learn but challenging to

- Delicious cartoon-style visuals and highly comical audio.

- Two attractive environments to play on: "Hell" and "Hawaii". And
with randomly generated battlefields, positions and mines, no two games are ever the same!

- Twelve fiesty single player challenges to overcome against increasingly
challenging AI-controlled opponents.

- Quick play to get straight into a game.

- Three difficulty levels to suit players of all abilities, plus a training mode for honing your skills before battle.

- Includes many updates and fixes as recommended by the Worms community, honed for iPhone & iPod touch.

For the full Worms handheld experience, try the full Worms edition, previously a No.1 app, which also features local multiplayer, six environments, extra weapons such as the Holy Hand Grenade, Banana and Concrete Donkey, additional game types, much wider customization & sound and much, much more.

The full version will also soon feature gorgeous 3GS graphics options, Bluetooth multiplayer, logging to Facebook & Twitter as well as an exciting all-new single player mode & leaderboard.

Developed & Published by Team17 Software.

zachattacksox's comments:

Pretty much a lite version to worms...
11-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Well, charging for a Lite is an excellent way for Team 17 to get back in the good books of the iPhone community.

InvertY.com - A gaming diary.

11-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Gee, this is exactly what I predicted it would be

What a shock
11-13-2009, 08:05 AM
lol, comes out just after they say it's out Monday on their Twitter. Poor Team17, just can't win!
11-13-2009, 08:09 AM

11-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Charging for a lite version, when the full version is so lacking, is just obnoxious.
11-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Released Jan 01, 2010 ! Lol
11-13-2009, 09:01 AM
charging for a lite = fail.
11-13-2009, 09:10 AM
This is quite pathetic.
11-13-2009, 09:12 AM
this is what all the hoopla was about, a lite you gotta pay for?

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.