Old 11-13-2009, 08:08 AM
iPad

Default Line Racer (Control Line Rider) from inXile $1.99

Old 11-13-2009, 08:16 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Cool
Old 11-13-2009, 10:59 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I want it, but at the same time I don't. I need a video...
Old 11-13-2009, 11:09 AM
iPad

Here is the console version

Youtube link | Pop Up

Online version http://www.sparkworkz.com/games/lineracer.php

Last edited by DaveMc99; 11-13-2009 at 11:14 AM..
Old 11-13-2009, 12:24 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I love the basic line rider game. However, I was burned on the horrible Wii and DS version, so I am not so sure about this. I will wait for some impressions.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:50 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Did anyone try this? I'm tempted but I think I'd like to see an iphone gameplay video first.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:02 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I've been waiting for this to come out ever since I saw an ad for it on inxile's site. As far as I know it's one of those speed up/slow down games where you try not to go to fast and crash, while still trying to win the race. I'll TOFTT and confirm this in a little bit though.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:30 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Quick Impressions

Well I'm going to get back to playing, but all I can say right now is "WAHOOO!"

Basically it's linerider except YOU get to control the rider. Control his speed and tilt your iDevice to do flips or even grinds. There are 4 tracks there, plus you can download user made tracks or even make your own. There's a singleplayer mode where you race against 3 other shadows, or there's multiplayer which I haven't tried yet. It's absolutely a must buy for line rider fans.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:30 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
Well I'm going to get back to playing, but all I can say right now is "WAHOOO!"

Basically it's linerider except YOU get to control the rider. Control his speed and tilt your iDevice to do flips or even grinds. There are 4 tracks there, plus you can download user made tracks or even make your own. There's a singleplayer mode where you race against 3 other shadows, or there's multiplayer which I haven't tried yet. It's absolutely a must buy for line rider fans.
Thanks for your impressions, I just picked it up. And your right, it's great. Its like line rider just much better and with much more features. A definite must buy!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:49 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Indepth Impressions

As I said previously this game is basically a line rider racing game with a built in track editor and multiplayer. I've now spent quite a bit of time with the game and feel it is very enjoyable and has an infinite replay value. Overall there isn't much I can say is bad about this game, besides the lack of online multiplayer. Everything seems to be in good shape and the editor is very easy to use. The controls are simple; you have two buttons to accelerate or slow and you tilt your device to spin. Occasionally you may get stuck upside down or crash, and if you do just shake your device to get back on your sled from a nearby "waypoint" or from the start of the track.

The included options allow you to change the look and colors of your rider, along with turning on/off draw&pan, sound, two finger panning, tilt controls, game music, and iTunes music. There are five available avatars to use as your rider, which I don't know the names of. Below your character selection is a the rider color selection (the color of your scarf). There are tons of colors to pick from, so there isn't any need to list them.

The editor is very intuitive and is very easy to use. As with the original line rider editor, there is a pencil tool, a pen tool, an eraser, undo, scene change, drag, play, flag, save, and home button. Also in the bottom left is an "Apple button" that when held allows you to pan and zoom. Also in the lower left is a bluetooth button (I guess it's for sharing the track). With the "Apple button" in the lower left it's easy to draw lines and then immediately switch to and from the move tool. You can then save your tracks and go into the online tracks section to download/upload them and view the top rated or most recent tracks or even searching for a track. Of course if you're too lazy to create your own track, and tired of the starter tracks, you can press the random track challenge. A completely original track will then be generated and a race will start. Plus once you have finished a random track you can save it and play it again later in time trial mode.

Multiplayer works over a wifi connection or with bluetooth, but you can't actually play online against others. It would be neat though if a friend also downloaded the game and you could share tracks and race each other on them.

The game adds a lot to the original concept of line rider, and for many this is more "action packed" and exciting. For only $1.99 I highly recommend it.