★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Its easy to call DropZap one of the best puzzle games in the App Store... Its fun, addictive, and puts a fresh spin on dropping blocks to clear other blocks..." - The iPhone App Review

===

DropZap is a NOT a color matching game! Rather, you SHRINK pieces until they disappear!

If you are a fan of Tetris, Drop7, etc., then you will definitely want to check out DropZap!

Game rules: http://www.dropzap.com/rules

GAME TYPES

Fallers
Flyers 1
Followers 1
Flyers 2
Followers 2

GAME MODES

Each of the game types has these game modes:
Learn
Standard
Relentless
Cooperative (on same device)
Standard
Relentless
Competitive (on same device)
Standard
Relentless

CONTROLS

Tap a column to make a move.
Hold/drag to see how chain reactions for various columns start.

FEATURES

Game Center leaderboards for standard and relentless modes
universal app
support for iPhone 5 display
falling debris

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

Background image credit in order by level (after which background images repeat in the same order for subsequent levels): (1) NASA Ames/JPL-Caltech; (2) NASA/JPL-Caltech; (3) NASA/JPL-Caltech; (4) NASA; (5) NASA/JPL-Caltech; (6) ESA, NASA, and L. Calcada (ESO for STScI); (7) NASA, ESA, and G. Bacon (STScI); (8) NASA/JPL-Caltech; (9) NASA's Exoplanet Exploration Program; (10) NASA/JPL-Caltech/SST/T. Pyle (SSC).

Uses Cocos2d v3.

Cocos2d Copyright (c) 2008-2011 - Ricardo Quesada and contributors
Copyright (c) 2011-2014 - Zynga Inc. and contributors

Kazmath Copyright (c) 2008, Luke Benstead.
All rights reserved.; license: https://github.com/Kazade/kazmath/blob/master/LICENSE.md

CocosBuilder Reader Copyright (c) 2010-2011 - Viktor Lidholt
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 - Zynga Inc. and contributors

Chipmunk Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Scott Lembcke and Howling Moon Software

ObjectAL Copyright (c) 2009 Karl Stenerud. All rights reserved.

===

"...its a fun game and I found it to be pretty hard to put down." - iPhone Application List

"...the game play is interesting and keeps the player gripped. It is one of those games that we keep on playing saying Just one more game for a long, long time." - iPhone Footprint

"DropZap excels in what it attempts to do: offer a quick action-puzzle game with a unique gameplay mechanic that has varying modes of difficulty that will satiate the hardest of the hardcore block elimination fanatics." - Dallas iPhone Games Examiner

amichail's comments:
Demo video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

I'm the developer. Any feedback would be great.

DropZap is free for a limited time.

11-13-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm a big Drop 7 fan. Giving this a try now. Has that "Why didn't I think of that?" type of premise. Very promising :-)

11-13-2009, 05:31 PM
it's a cool game! I recommend this (esp. as it is free).

notes to the dev:

- you don't have any way to contact thru your website
- the "active pieces" (dropping down) should flash white or something to make it more clear which one is actually going to shoot a laser. The kind of visual cues make the game a lot easier to get.
-if you're gonna keep it free I would hook up with AdMob or something

I like it very much!
11-13-2009, 06:00 PM
that's fun!
11-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
I'm a big Drop 7 fan. Giving this a try now. Has that "Why didn't I think of that?" type of premise. Very promising :-)
I hear you! So simple but incredibly amazing and addictive.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-13-2009, 10:00 PM
lol at the sounds
11-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Been playing this in quick spurts all day. Very, very good. Like Drop 7, i'm discovering strategies and doing better. Game saves on exit and is the fastest loading game I have. No crashes or any other probs either.
11-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Actually I'm finding myself quite addicted to it. I think that with an extra bit of polish this could be a hit.
11-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Where did this title fly under the radar from?

Talk about one of the best(and free) puzzlers out there; addicting(played it for 2 hours straight last night), awesome retro sound effects and did I mention it's FREE!!!! Enough of my banter, download it now and find out how incredible it is!
11-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professionalbum View Post
Talk about one of the best(and free) puzzlers out there; addicting(played it for 2 hours straight last night), awesome retro sound effects and did I mention it's FREE!!!! Enough of my banter, download it now and find out how incredible it is!
It's free for a limited time.

Last edited by amichail; 11-14-2009 at 10:34 PM.