★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mobility Games
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Bring the excitement and thrills of Pro Football to your iPhone.

You dont need to be a tactical genius or a born sportsman; you just need to have good reflexes and coordination. We've developed an action pinball game where you'll be the coach, the quarterback and the touchdown hero. it's a highly addictive pinball-themed football game which follows the rules of American football.

The game contains one really cool table and offers you high quality fun time. Once you've mastered the game you'll be rewarded with extra fun by unlocking mini-games where you can train yourself and perfect your field goal and touchdown technique.

The game combines the great atmosphere found in a real-life stadium (multiple in-game sounds effects, great collection of in-game, dot-matrix animations) with the perfect mixture of highly polished 2D and 3D graphics, football-themed voice sound effects, realistic ball physics and high speed sensations to create a compelling gaming experience!

This pinball game might just turn out to be your favorite game!
11-13-2009, 05:42 PM

Football Pinball is a nice and fast little simulator game with very good physics. I enjoyed it even without knowing a lot about American football (it's not so popular here in Europe) for some minutes and will play it again for sure. Here is a quick review.

You have to tap soon on the white screen with the game's manufacturer logo for launching the game. Starts fast. Good for casual gaming.

One table, three balls for one coin. Two rather fat flippers (compared to Matmi's games ) located where you guessed it. Adjustable plunger (timed). Out-lanes at both sides. Ball will be saved when the red light between the flippers is on :-) You can trap the ball (when it's not too fast) very well by holding one flipper open—for aiming then calmly.

Some nice ramps, combos and bonuses. The view scrolls a bit (about 15 % of total space) nervous in all directions and lets the game seem faster than it is. Nice (partly stereo) sounds of bumping effects and the ball rolling! Well done stadium atmosphere inclusive male announcer voice at the beginning and the end. One can switch the rocky background music and/or game fx sound seperately on and off and there is a "reset" option. Doesn't let you play iPod music.

Time limited missions after lighting the upper line with "PLAY" letters (can't be seen in the screenshots). You can switch the lights there with the flippers. Some interesting mechanics on the table (players are coming downwards closing the out-lanes). Otherways solid and basic table layout, clear and colorful.

I made 104.200 points in my first game (during writing this short review) and "unlocked the field goal mini-game". Local highscores. Runs smooth on my iPhone 3G.

Pause and/or "continue later" by touching upper matrix display (starts with the ball in the plunger and saved points and bonuses on resume). I am not 100 % sure but maybe sometimes the left flipper does not react for one tap after resuming the game. Have a look at additional screenshots with some rules.

After some minutes and without having discovered all specialities I dare to say just for simulation and sound, physics and stability: Recommended.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3001.PNG
Views:	9
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	10639   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3002.PNG
Views:	10
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	10640   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3003.PNG
Views:	9
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	10641  

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by salsamd; 11-15-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: hd

11-14-2009, 03:15 AM
Nice, looks kinda cool. Thanks for the impressions Habakuk, I'm all over this one Can't let any pinballs slip by.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
11-14-2009, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOARDUMB View Post
Nice, looks kinda cool. Thanks for the impressions Habakuk, I'm all over this one
You're welcome. I hope you can understand the meanings of my crappy English.

Quote:
Can't let any pinballs slip by.
Same here. I bought them all immediately.

Nice to know that there are several cute and exciting pinball simulators and fantasy pinballs available for our devices, most of them exclusive for our platform.

Welcome, Mobility Games, to the iPhotch pinball scene! Football Pinball is a quite interesting contribution with some new ideas and a good sound (put earphones on). Very well balanced: Not too difficult and frustrating—not too easy as well. Resume function supports casual entertainment. Absolutely worth the cents.

What a thrill!

If you can't get enough of virtual pinball like me—start here with your home computer:
http://www.online-pinball.de/index.php?cat_id=1

But don't forget to load some pocketOrbs onto your mobile device for molto divertimento on outside occasions or under the blanket if you like.

Last edited by Habakuk; 11-14-2009 at 06:50 AM.
11-14-2009, 08:08 AM
I like Football Pinball...and I am first in highscores
11-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Send a message via AIM to Matmi
Just seen this thread and thought somebody has done a iPhone version of our flash football game http://www.miniclip.com/games/hansens-eyebrows/en/

but i see the game is not the same at all

We wrote Hansens Eyebows many years ago. We ahave come a long way since then

I will have a look at this game and give it a review.
11-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matmi View Post
Just seen this thread and thought somebody has done a iPhone version of our flash football game http://www.miniclip.com/games/hansens-eyebrows/en/
piece of crap
11-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by svolskiy View Post
piece of crap
Wouldn't be that badif the physics would be better (maybe it's my three years old MacBook Pro and/or Mac OS X not being very famous for impeccable flash support)mostly running in some kind of slow motion, getting really fast on rare occasions only.

Love the photographer's flash when hit and the nude person's cry when slapped with the ball.

11-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Send a message via AIM to Matmi
Quote:
Originally Posted by svolskiy View Post
piece of crap
I agree. It was a bit shit but we had to make it in 3 weeks. Flash and Matmi have come a lomg way since then as you can see from our Monster Pinball (http://iphone.matmi.com/monsterpinball and Snowy's Christmas Pinball (http://iphone.matmi.com/snowyspinball) games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Wouldn't be that badif the physics would be better (maybe it's my three years old MacBook Pro and/or Mac OS X not being very famous for impeccable flash support)mostly running in some kind of slow motion, getting really fast on rare occasions only.

Love the photographer's flash when hit and the nude person's cry when slapped with the ball.
It is funny but we needed a bit more time to make super fast. We have a brnad new pinball engine we have written in flash. It has nearly three months to produce so far.

It will be the fastest flash pinball engine. Watch this space...
11-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matmi View Post
I agree. It was a bit shit but we had to make it in 3 weeks. Flash and Matmi have come a lomg way since then as you can see from our Monster Pinball (http://iphone.matmi.com/monsterpinball and Snowy's Christmas Pinball (http://iphone.matmi.com/snowyspinball) games.
also piece of crap Football Pinball much better than Monster Pinball/Snowy's Christmas Pinball.