★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iTunes Connect Behavior With App Updates

11-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
iTunes Connect Behavior With App Updates

So I submitted an update to my game on Wednesday. When I check iTunes Connect, it now shows me two entries under my applications (but both the the same Apple ID). One for V1.0 and one for V1.5.

These each have their own icons and other properties, and one might logically assume that editing the V1.5 version would only affect V1.5.

That perfectly reasonable assumption though turns out to be TOTALLY WRONG!

I edited my game's description to match the features in the new version under my V1.5 entry. I happened to check my game on iTunes today and I see that the description for V1.5 is already live in the store!

I also added new screenshots for features that are new in V1.5 and those are showing up now too.

Am I crazy for thinking that these two sets of properties should be totally separate. I would expect that the properties of V1.5 get applied as soon as it goes live and that the V1.0 properties remain in force until then.

This is the first updated I've submitted, so maybe this is "normal". Anyone have any experience with this?
11-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I actually ran into this the other day, and it seems to be a normal part of the process.

To make matters worse, the UPDATE availability date was set for sometime in the future, which also changed the availability date of our CURRENT product. This resulted in it disappearing from the App Store for a day or so.

A ragdoll physics platformer:Flickitty
The artist: randall schleufer
Twitter: @FlickittyiPhone
11-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Yup. I've had the same experience. It's just how they do it.