★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: True Axis
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 31.3 MB
  • Version: 1.5.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.7 (68)
App description: ------ Apple: Best Games of 2009 ----- AppModo: "truly one of the best iPhone games" ----- PocketFullOfApps: "An absolute must have game!" -----
------ Customer: "and I thought doodle jump was addictive" ----- Many Customers: "Best" and "Ever"

Jet Car Stunts is an award winning, over the top, adrenaline rush, 3D driving game, with massive jumps, mid-air hoops, floating platforms, spiral roadways and outlandish maneuvers in impossible environments. The original levels, tight controls and fast, smooth, addictive game play has landed Jet Car Stunts on many "Best of 2009" lists.

**** Profesional Reviews ****
(5/5) AppSmile: "one of the best iDevice games we've ever played"
(5/5) TouchGen: "I've played hundreds of games on my iPhone, and I can honestly say that this is the most fun I've had, thus far!"
(10/10) PocketFullOfApps: "An absolute must have game!"
(5/5) apphunter.net - "The controls are easy to master and the visual effects are simply stunning"
(4.6/5) AppVee: "I recommend it"
(8/10) PocketGamer.co.uk: "amazingly fun"
(9/10) IGN - "excellent controls, a great drift mechanic" - "an amazing iPhone racer that you should absolutely buy"
(5/5) TouchArcade: "Jet Car Stunts has really set the bar high in both visual appeal and handling"
(4/4) SlideToPlay: "a thrill ride"
(5/5) AppAdvice: "this one is a tight gripping, brow sweating, stunt filled marathon that youll enjoy every minute of" - "Jet Car Stuns is one experience everyone idevice owner should have"
(5/5) touchreviews.net: "enough content in Jet Car Stunts to keep you playing the game again and again"
(5/5) AppSafari: "truly one of the best racing games Ive ever played"
(4.6/5) AppSpy: "poetry in motion"
(4.5/5) iphoneachievements.org: "simply magnificent"
(9.99/10) IpwnAge: "the BEST app I've ever reviewed"
TheAppera: "Its a great game, one of my personal favorites on iPhone"
AppModo: "truly one of the best iPhone games"

**** Accolades ****
Apple: Best Games of 2009
TouchGen: Biggest Surprise 2009
AppAdvice: #5 in Top 100 iPhone Games through 2009
PocketGamer.co.uk: Top 10 best iPhone games of 2009
TouchArcade: Best iPhone Games November 2009
TouchArcade: Best iPod Touch and iPhone Games: 2009
IGN.COM: Game of the Month: November 2009
IGN.COM Editors Choice Award
IGN.COM: #8 in The Top 25 iPhone Games
BestAppEver Awards: 3rd Place award for Best Racing Game

**** Features ****
- The smoothest, fastest game play of any App Store driving game. Perfectly smooth on 1st Gen iPhones and iPods.
- The tightest, most responsive, yet most forgiving accelerometer driving controls in existence.
- Smash Physics.
- 36 insane tracks. Each track offers something new.
- NEW: 26 new downloadable tracks available with an 'in app purchase'. Even more insane driving then before.
- NEW: 8 free downloadable tracks from Jet Car Stunts Lite.
- Multiple play modes.
- Jet assisted drift handling.
- Half car, half jet with in-air control surfaces.

**** PLAY MODES ****
- Platforming - The challenge is simple, just get to the end. Each track is more challenging then the last.
- Time Trial - Race to reach the next check point before the time runs out. Beat your best time.

With 25 challenging Platforming levels and 11 Time Trail levels, this is some of the best value you can find on the App Store.

**** CONNECTIVITY ****
Note: OpenFient will be shutting down it's servers on December 14th. Jet Car Stunts uses OpenFient for online connectivity to deliver achievements, leaderboards, replays, and challenges. These features will no longer be available. We are working on an update in case there this causes any confusion, or disruption.

Mr. Crazy's comments:
It's out!!!

I'm already playing it.

11-13-2009, 06:48 PM
OMG YES!!!!!!!!

Dev: http://forums.toucharcade.com/member.php?u=25017

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

Last edited by eggzbacon; 11-13-2009 at 07:06 PM.

11-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Playing just learning A. So cool.

hello!
11-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Sick!! Been wanting this for a while!!! I usually dont buy without someone posting impressions, but just did!

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive
11-13-2009, 06:51 PM
My car broke into bits .

hello!
11-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Instant Purchase, ill add impressions here later

Edit: Mr. Crazy summed it up in two sentences below me.

Last edited by Killquake; 11-13-2009 at 06:56 PM.
11-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Impressions: This game is as awesome as the video and more. It's a steal.

hello!
11-13-2009, 06:55 PM
It's out and silky smooth on my iPod touch 2g! Dedinitely going to take some time to get use to, but loving it so far! Awesome game!

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
11-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Yesssss!!!!!!!!!! Buying now!!!!!!!:d:d:d:d:d:d
11-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Played through all of the just learning courses, really fun. Glad to be one of the first to download this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxkpro View Post
The game is funtastic! It's a blast to play. I've been having so much fun going through the levels. The retro graphics are really nice. The controls go great with the game. The air brake and turbo are truly fun to mess around with. Pretty fast loading, haven't had any bugs. The difficulty ramps up pretty fast, but I still feel compelled to play again. And again. And again. Definitely a must buy for ANY racing fan. For $1.99, it IS a steal. It's worth the money.

Playing: Doodle Jump, Labyrinth 2, Compression, Tetris

Last edited by yxkpro; 11-13-2009 at 07:40 PM.