★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

V is for Vortex (Portal Inspired) - Submitted

11-14-2009, 12:42 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 500
V is for Vortex (Portal Inspired) - Submitted

I'm submitting my 2nd game to the App Store today, and I wanted to post a preview here. It's called V is for Vortex. It's inspired by the game Portal, a simple side scroller puzzle game. It's all hand drawn just like my other game Z is for Zombie. It should be out in early december.

Version 1.0 comes with 18 levels, you can play them in order or go back and play them out of order.

Version 1.1 will add 18 additional levels.

YouTube:

Youtube link | Pop Up


Screenshots:



You can find a little more information on it, and my other games here:
http://www.howihatethenight.com
11-14-2009, 12:46 PM
#2
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Posts: 4,761
Looks good. I will get it when it comes out.

11-14-2009, 12:54 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,396
Wow this does look good. So how do we activate the portals by touch of a finger or do we angle it and then press a button?

Could show us a video with an idevice and not a simulator?

And one last thing, you should probably ask a mod to add "a portal like game" so you get more attention.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

Last edited by skyye06; 11-14-2009 at 01:14 PM.
11-14-2009, 01:22 PM
#4
Awesome!
11-14-2009, 01:53 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5
/brain explodes. I'm horrible at this type of game. Looks like it'll be fun though.
11-14-2009, 02:00 PM
#6
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
Wow this does look good. So how do we activate the portals by touch of a finger or do we angle it and then press a button?

Could show us a video with an idevice and not a simulator?

And one last thing, you should probably ask a mod to add "a portal like game" so you get more attention.
I'm glad you like it!

The controls are pretty simple, title to move left and right, tilt back to jump. Just tap anywhere on the screen to open a portal. The player shoots a gun and when the bullet reaches where you click the portal opens.

I'll see about recording the gameplay on my actual iPhone later tonight, I'm out for the day right now.
11-14-2009, 02:03 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmulcahy View Post
I'm glad you like it!

The controls are pretty simple, title to move left and right, tilt back to jump. Just tap anywhere on the screen to open a portal. The player shoots a gun and when the bullet reaches where you click the portal opens.

I'll see about recording the gameplay on my actual iPhone later tonight, I'm out for the day right now.
Oh no, I think that explains about everything. Look forward to picking it up when it come out.

Also anyway that it could have touch controls. Not much of a fan for tilt controls.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
11-14-2009, 02:11 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 500
Touch controls are on the docket for a future release. I'm still testing them out with Z is for Zombie. Once I've got a set of controls that work well I'll be adding them to all my games.
11-14-2009, 02:13 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,366
Submitted!!?? Wasnt a huge fan of the art, but this game play is right up my alley. Any idea on the price or will there be a launch price?

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive
11-14-2009, 02:15 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmulcahy View Post
Touch controls are on the docket for a future release. I'm still testing them out with Z is for Zombie. Once I've got a set of controls that work well I'll be adding them to all my games.
Good to hear as tilting back to jump sounds like a hassle.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com