★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Trenches: The Game to End All Games *Official Thread*

11-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Trenches: The Game to End All Games *Official Thread*

We see the word already slipped out to TouchArcade about our soon to be released upcoming game of the great war, 'Trenches'.

As the developer, we decided to make an official thread.

Promo Trailer - TouchArcade First Look Exclusive!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Launch Price: Only $2.99

First Teaser Poster:

Contest: We decided it would be fun to play a little game with you before release. If you can successfully guess what kind of game it is by describing the gameplay, you can win a free copy of the game. Which is anywhere between a $2.99 and $4.99 value.

Hint #1: Game has 2D graphics and the teaser art is very near the in-game graphics.
Hint #2 There are Line-Drawing elements, but it is not a Line-Drawing game.
Hint #3 There are Real-Time Strategy elements, but it is not a RTS

]

Edit: Thanks DaveMc99 for reminder. Our website is: www.ThunderGameWorks.com and our twitter @thundergamewrks and we will soon have a blog there so be sure to check it out.

Last edited by ThunderGameWorks; 12-21-2009 at 02:10 AM.
11-14-2009, 01:11 PM
This falls in the Castle Defense genre. You can pick from a couple of the Allied powers to compete. The goal of the game is to defend your trench, while putting pressure on the other persons trench, and taking control. Guns are the main weapon, but bayonets can be used for close quarter battles!! Hopefully there will be tanks and airstrikes.

Edit: I have a feeling it could be similar to Boom Brigade, where you draw lines to control your soldiers within the trenches.

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive

Last edited by heffdog116; 11-14-2009 at 01:14 PM.

11-14-2009, 01:12 PM
so were any of our guesses right?

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
11-14-2009, 01:12 PM
http://thundergameworks.com/
http://twitter.com/thundergamewrks

Last edited by DaveMc99; 11-14-2009 at 01:14 PM.
11-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Read on twitter that it would come out this Christmas season, so does that mean it is almost finished?

Oh guys, add them on twitter so you can know more about this game and get a better chance to solve what type of game this is.

11-14-2009, 01:17 PM
My guess

Is it going to be like Worms but in 3D? Like Hogs of War?
11-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
so were any of our guesses right?
Quite possibly, good sir. I do declare that we will be revealing more through out November. It is all very top secret at the moment.
11-14-2009, 01:34 PM
11-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Okay more than likely, it'll be one of these:
Rts
Castle attack
Castle defense
Tower defense
artillery game
line drawing game
...still vague if you ask me.

11-14-2009, 01:40 PM
http://www.fullyillustrated.com/full...er-game-works/

Quote:
Hey everyone, I know Iíve been babbling on a lot recently about my under the radar activity with some new games (as well as my own little games company, official announcement on that next week), well I just wanted to announce an exciting new collaboration Iím involved with, with the guys over at Thunder Game Works. T.G.W. are a new and VERY exciting iPhone developer whose sole goal is to create seriously awesome games, were not talking fly by night iPhone cheap thrills here, were talking quality, on every level!

Well, I was lucky enough to be chosen as their artist for their first title Trenches, so for the past couple of months Iíve been a busy fella, illustrating, designing and animating like an over excited crazed maniac, and I can only say that this is going to be something bloody fantastic! I am sooooo proud to be involved in this and I can honestly say that there is nothing like this out there right now!

There are a number of breathtaking unlockables in this game too, some of which are LITERALLY bigger than most $0.99 games! Itís nothing short of epic!

So, watch this space, there will be much more to come very soon!

Mike.
Quote:
As I'm games obsessed I figured it only right to drop my list of what I'm loving playing right now...
* Canabalt - iPhone
* Sky Smasher - iPhone
* 33rd Division - iPhone