★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 50% SALE! Limited time offer!

The HUGE v1.2 release of Shape Sifter is out now! Details on the new maps with new challenges:

Colossal: The longer you keep a shape on the screen, the higher its score value and physical size grows. But if it grows too big then you risk it colliding with other shapes. Greed is your worst enemy on this map.

Star: Pesty shooting stars are trying to wipe out a goal's score multiplier bonus. Double tap the incoming star to knock it away before it reaches the goal and you'll earn extra points.

Shape Sifter is a unique puzzle game where the player navigates an incoming stream of various shapes by drawing a path towards a goal. There are only four things you need to know to play - Collect, Merge, Stack and Avoid:

Collect shapes by moving them towards the goals.
Merge similar shapes together to increase their score value.
Stack goals with the same color shapes to increase their score multiplier.
Avoid collisions with other shapes.

Features

Higher score multiplier rewards for strategic playing. A goal can accept any color but matching the same color earns more points.
Shapes of the same type and color can be combined for mega bonus points (watch out, they also grow in size!)
Simple touch and drag controls. Easy to play with multiple lives so one bad collision will not end the game.
Addictive gameplay with endless possibilities. Do you play it safe or keep a shape on the screen longer to earn a higher score? Or do you focus on just one color? It is all up to you!
Collect bonuses that will change a shape's color, double a shape's points, or earn you an extra life.
High quality special effects and graphics
Each map has unique differences with many maps to choice from
Online high score leaderboards and over 40 achievements with OpenFeint
Auto save feature so you can play between short breaks or play straight through

Gameplay & Tutorial Videos

Find them at http://www.youtube.com/shapesiftergame

Customer Support

Customer satisfaction is very important. Please use the support link below for any problems you may have.

Vexorg's comments:
Shape Sifter Lite is one of the finalists in the Appsfire.com App Star Awards!!! - http://video.appsfire.com/video/2623...e-sifter-light

Version 1.2 is released! This is a huge update for Shape Sifter as shown in the v1.2 video. Here's a breakdown on new features in v1.2:

New maps with new challenges:

- Colossal: The longer you keep a shape on the screen, the higher its score value and physical size grows. But if it grows too big then you risk it colliding with other shapes. Greed is your worst enemy on this map.

- Star: Pesty shooting stars are trying to wipe out a goal's score multiplier bonus. Double tap the incoming star to knock it away before it reaches the goal and you'll earn extra points.

Other new features:
Auto save game feature
Interactive tutorial
Secret bonus stage for all maps
Fast forward button
New graphics, awesome new menus, new animations
New special effects

Lite version now available!!! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lite-shape-sifter/id342143686?mt=8

Strategy guide posted for the first map, http://shapesifter.wordpress.com/strategy-map-tri/
and the second map, Hexa, http://shapesifter.wordpress.com/strategy-map-hexa/

I'm proud to announce my first iPhone/iPod touch game was released. I would love to hear any feedback anyone has to give.

Shape Sifter is a unique puzzle game where the player navigates an incoming stream of various shapes by drawing a path towards a goal. The player must avoid shape-to-shape collisions with non-corresponding shapes or colors as the game gets more challenging over time. A strategic element was added by rewarding more points for merging shapes and stacking colors.

**** Features ****

- Higher score multiplier rewards for strategic playing. A goal can accept any color but matching the same color earns more points.
- Shapes of the same type and color can be combined for mega bonus points (watch out, they also grow in size!)
- Simple touch and drag controls. Easy to play with multiple lives so one bad collision will not end the game.
- Collect bonuses that will change a shape's color, double a shape's points, or earn you an extra life.
- Online high score leaderboards and achievements with OpenFeint.

Gameplay Trailer

Youtube link | Pop Up

*NEW* Three Minute Gameplay Tutorial

Youtube link | Pop Up

11-14-2009, 01:55 PM
grabbed 9H7MWP6R7RWR, thanks.

OpenFient: Itzoliverstfu // Plus+: Pinoykid

11-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Took PWR9...Thanks...
11-14-2009, 01:57 PM
grabbed 7YE99LEXPNMJ, thanks!
11-14-2009, 02:28 PM
all gone...
11-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Grabbed it (worth the purchase price) and am having fun. A very abstract line drawer with my absolute favorite mechanics of being able to play it at different levels (basic and safe or really aggressively trying to max the multipliers)!

4 Different maps allowing different levels of complexity.

25 OF Achievements (as well as, OF score tracking for each map, of course).

I see it as Flight Control, Aqua Globs, and Geometry Wars having a freaky love child that turned out pretty decently.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 11-14-2009 at 08:32 PM.
11-14-2009, 08:15 PM
This looks killer!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 11-14-2009 at 08:17 PM.
11-14-2009, 10:35 PM
This is a great game... really enjoying it so far!

Please consider adding autosave in a future update.
11-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Here are some more promo codes for Shape Sifter. Please leave a review if you use a code.

7EMTM7KNW7W4
F7AYTEKPKPWM
FKRM4JLREYEM
W7MLWRWAWPH4
XERJ6JM4ENJW

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'm so glad I'm getting positive reactions from the game. I'm working on a tutorial for the game to cover the different ways of scoring.
11-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Grabbed W7MLWRWAWPH4. Really looking forward to trying this. Thanks!