★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dexter; Did this fade away?

01-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Dexter; Did this fade away?

I remember hearing awhile ago that they had plans for a game based on the television show "Dexter" made specifically for the iPhone, and they seemed really excited about it. (one of my favorite shows; anyone here watch it?)

http://www.dasgamer.com/marc-ecko-en...r-iphone-game/

It has been a long time since this announcement and i was wondering if anyone here knew anything about if this game is even still in development.
Idk, it was just one of those that i was looking forward to and it'll be a real downer if it turns out the games been dumped.
Any Dexter/iPhone fans have any news?
01-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Dexter is fantastic! Even though the first season was never reached again!
And I also was waiting for this game. Now you just get a stupid puzzler

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

01-04-2009, 03:01 PM
I know! What happened? they seemed so excited to announce it; they were like "its gonna be a revolutionary game that utilizes all aspects of the iphone..." and then they just dropped it.
The date on the article is October 2008; if they're trying to make a truly quality game then fine, take a little longer, but at least inform us as to whats gonna happen.
Sadly i'm doubting whether this game is still in production.
01-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Dexter is fantastic! Even though the first season was never reached again!
And I also was waiting for this game. Now you just get a stupid puzzler
i dont know. i enjoyed season 2 as well. halfway through season 3, still enjoying it. i just wished they didnt do the murderers run in the family thing in the first season.

it's like that will NEVER be matched. dexter killing his brother is STILL the best moment in dexter history!

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
01-04-2009, 03:09 PM
I dunno; dexter and the skinner or dexter and miguel comes pretty close too.
01-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio
the final of season 2 with doakes was the best dexter moment for me, the density of the story was incredible at this point of the story...

Alexandre leboucher - Agharta studio
Designer of 1112
Check out my twitter for latest updates!
01-04-2009, 03:30 PM
BUT you can feel that season 2 and 3 seem like written episode by episode.
Both seasons have MANY flaws. The first one was first on paper, then filmed and you feel that totally....it is like one great very long movie.
And the success made the creators work hard to come close to this with the 2 new stories. And story 2 just took the help of continuelly showing boobs in every possible moment. And story 3 finally managed to bring back some deeper story but with two much cheesy family stuff. Thats why season 1 is by far (and I mean miles!) the best of all seasons, close to perfection in every aspect.

Back to topic: I WANT THAT GAME!

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
01-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Very true. Season 2 started getting good at the end, season 3 kept me interested until the very last moment. Man Dexter is awesome.

About the game, by biggest curiosity is how it will be done. Seems like it would be quite a complicated game if you get to use the code to choose your kills while investigating, keeping up 'normal' relationships while not exposing your murderous monster, no?
01-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Name:  354298_thumb.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  2.9 KB

I hope it isn't canceled the graphics look amazing

When shooting a mime, don't use a silencer or his friends will hear you.
01-04-2009, 04:18 PM
I adore the show, but it seems to be a difficult brand "capture the magic" with. You could certainly brand some minigames with it, but I don't know if, as a viewer, you ever really think "I want to be like Dexter Morgan". He catches the bad guys yes, but brutally murders them and chops them in to little bits.

Mmm.

Do we really need an actual murder simulator?

| Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment | Mike @ Twitter |

Smiles HD for Mac and iPad | Smiles for iPhone/iPod touch (Twitter, Website)
IGF Mobile "Best Game" Finalist | Intel "Elegance in Design" Winner