★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: How long will silent hill last?

01-04-2009, 03:04 PM
How long will silent hill last?

I'm looking at buying sillent hill but how long will it last me?
01-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I don't think that you should buy it, I know what kind of buyer you are, although you read the bad reviews about it and you still have faith, do not buy this, you will be so disappointed, great graphics, great sound, great scare factor, terrible game play, terrible tradition in the silent hill cult series. If you go against me and buy this, you will suffer, and you will see how not fun and repetitive this game can get after the first mission.

01-04-2009, 03:08 PM
That's sad. This was one I was looking forward to.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-04-2009, 03:08 PM
I agree. Save your money for something with more long term value.
01-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin okin View Post
I don't think that you should buy it, I know what kind of buyer you are, although you read the bad reviews about it and you still have faith, do not buy this, you will be so disappointed, great graphics, great sound, great scare factor, terrible game play, terrible tradition in the silent hill cult series. If you go against me and buy this, you will suffer, and you will see how not fun and repetitive this game can get after the first mission.
How do you know what kind of buyer I am?
01-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Because that's the basic outline for all people interested in that type of game/followers of the Silent hill series

(and because you took the time and effort to ask this on the forums)
01-04-2009, 05:37 PM
I agree you should save your money. I think that if you did buy it, you might not be sooo remorseful as it is playable and has a creepy atmosphere, but it's not as creepy as the SH console games, and so far (I haven't beaten it yet) there have only been 2 enemies: nurses and wheelchairs.

The nurses I've always thought were the least scary thing in the SH games, and well, wheelchairs.
01-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeks View Post
I agree you should save your money. I think that if you did buy it, you might not be sooo remorseful as it is playable and has a creepy atmosphere, but it's not as creepy as the SH console games, and so far (I haven't beaten it yet) there have only been 2 enemies: nurses and wheelchairs.

The nurses I've always thought were the least scary thing in the SH games, and well, wheelchairs.
Well, my guess is Apple wouldn't let Silent Hill go scarier. Plus they couldn't add blood splatters so they made grey blood splatters. So I don't think we should blame Silent Hill. Blame Apple for being strict.

Last edited by iKoda; 01-04-2009 at 07:31 PM.
01-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKoda View Post
Well, my guess is Apple wouldn't let Silent Hill go scarier. Plus they couldn't add blood splatters so they made grey blood splatters. So I don't think we should blame Silent Hill. Blame Apple for being strict.
Didn't Amateur Surgeon have RED blood in it?
I'm pretty sure it did, but they put a rating of 17+ on that game.

Steve
01-04-2009, 08:36 PM