Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-09-2015, 10:13 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Endless Depths 2 RPG (by Nations Software)

Old 01-09-2015, 10:14 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

What an awesome surprise! Diving right in
Old 01-13-2015, 12:54 PM

I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts on it, Pete.

I've tried to open it up a bit more, so you can see your "dice roll" (so to speak) and get a better idea of how your weapon, skills, buffs, etc., are having on your combat rolls. The online help (a button on the main menu) also tells you the class combinations to unlock other classes and you can get a basic skill list for each class, so you can plan a bit better.

Honestly, I like the idea of keeping that stuff hidden, which is what I did with Endless Nights, because it leads to trying different things to see if it will unlock anything. But if I went that direction, how many people would discover the Necromancer class and get to enjoy killing some tough creature and raising it up as a zombie?
Old 01-15-2015, 03:16 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I would be interested in this game, except that it has the same terrible interface as its predecessors. I'm sorry, but the interface is a complete deal breaker for me.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:13 AM

is there attack animations in this or is it like endless depths 1?
Old 01-15-2015, 09:23 AM

Is there a way to learn skills for a specific class? In every levels up, I can only learn lv1skills. Is this a bug?
Old 01-15-2015, 11:14 AM

I don't recall the last couple of games well enough to pinpoint the differences with this one, but it feels just like them. It's true, the interface is not pretty (nobody likes the slick iOS default alerts in an otherwise pixelated game) and the menus are all over the place and make zero sense sometimes. BUT all of the options are there, you just have to look in parts of the screen that you notmally wouldn't and try touching icons that do not clearly communicate what they are supposed to represent. If you can get past the visual and UX inadequacies, this is actually a solid old school roguelike that has more options and features than most of its contemporaries. Banner ads in the main menu and a pop-up ad at the start of each new adventure. Hey, gotta pay the bills! I would gladly throw the dev a couple of bucks to turn off ads. If you like roguelikes, then I recommend downloading this one and diving in!

Last edited by BillyOceansBlues; 01-15-2015 at 11:47 AM..
Old 01-15-2015, 03:10 PM

Sadly this version suffers from the same bad programming as the earlier titles. The dungeons and lands are randomly created but when you return from the 3th floor to the second it may very well be that the dungeon on that lvl. Is completely different which puts a to heavy burden on the strategy in a roguelike that is not easy by any means. Lots of love in the concept but big time faillure in the execution. And yes its free, but that is no excuse.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:17 AM
iPad

Default Can't take the ad

I can handle the primitive graphics and controls. But I can't handle the Game of War video ad every time I play the game. Already deleted.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:17 AM

Graphics aren't just bad because they're poorly designed, but also because the images are not consistently scaled, leaving a variety of dot-pitches among images used, some scaled with antialiasing, some not. Some images are drawn in full isometric perspective, some half-iso, some full ortho; the inconsistencies leaving it all feeling that much more unpolished. A few bugs observed in the first session; a memorable one is when you craft a bow, the game will name it "short sword". And yes, the adds are excessive, perhaps it's the fact that the first full screen ad pops up when you make your first move, makes it just feel excessive. May come back if dev cleans it up, for now, delete.

Last edited by gmattergames; 01-16-2015 at 09:28 AM..