Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-16-2009, 08:15 AM

I'm not sure if this was addressed in the thread, but does this have a single-player campaign?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:20 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

nah its got an unlimited wave on zombies trying to kill you instead, for single player. lots of reply value in it. you would know what i mean if you've ever played nazi zombies on WaW
Old 11-16-2009, 08:20 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJunk View Post
I'm not sure if this was addressed in the thread, but does this have a single-player campaign?
No, it's strictly the Nazi Zombie mode from World at War.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:22 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJunk View Post
Yes, it does have a single player *mode*, a little pricey, but it's pretty fun, and definitely more solid (I.E. it feels rewarding when you gun down enemies) than Sandstorm, but control wise, Sandstorm had a better layout and slightly better graphics. Nazi zombies on the iphone, not much is different.

Edit: Wonder if they'll try to port the entire game next, or if they're just in the market for zombie game like L4D.

Last edited by Theta-Omega; 11-16-2009 at 08:28 AM..
Old 11-16-2009, 08:25 AM

Spent a few minutes with it before leaving for work and it is a fun game. Would like to have seen more than a single map though, although I imagine DLC will cover that.

As for the price, I don't mind paying $10 bucks as long as its something new and different, and a 4 player co-op FPS on my phone qualifies as that.

It will probably get repetitive rather quickly, but as of now shooting zombies with strangers = FUN
Old 11-16-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by playn View Post
nah its got an unlimited wave on zombies trying to kill you instead, for single player. lots of reply value in it. you would know what i mean if you've ever played nazi zombies on WaW
How is the replay value? Where does the replay value come from? Is it like multiplayer but with zombies as bots?

I'm not trying to be argumenative - I have not played Zombie WAW so don't know what you mean. I would probably not play online at all so single player replayability is what would motivate me to part with a tenner.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Read. The. Thread.
I'm not going to read ten pages. Thanks.for.nothing.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideToPlay Phil View Post
Yeah what are you doing at an iPhone gaming forum if your not willing to get used to controls =]
Because there are plenty of other games that ARE suited to the platform, like Rolando, Drop7, Jet Car Stunts etc.

If you enjoy FPS on the iphone then bully for you, but myself and many others know they just don't gel; aren't tactile enough for a fully immersive experience.

Someone mentioned Eliminate had good controls. That's a joke right. It's the controls that ruin the experience.

I'm not trying to argue or start a flame war, I'm just stating my opinion.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
How is the replay value? Where does the replay value come from? Is it like multiplayer but with zombies as bots?

I'm not trying to be argumenative - I have not played Zombie WAW so don't know what you mean. I would probably not play online at all so single player replayability is what would motivate me to part with a tenner.
Your in a house, starting in a room with 5 entrances for the zombies. You can board up the windows to make it harder for them to get in. You get money for boarding up windows and killing. There are weapons on the walls you can buy. You can open up other parts of the house by buying away doors/objects, to find better weapons. There is a mystery box that gives you a random weapon, with a chance to get a super weapon. You basically survive as long as you can, with each wave getting harder. After a few games the first few waves become boring, but it's still a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
I'm not going to read ten pages. Thanks.for.nothing.
Ten pages isn't much.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateJoker View Post
Because there are plenty of other games that ARE suited to the platform, like Rolando, Drop7, Jet Car Stunts etc.

If you enjoy FPS on the iphone then bully for you, but myself and many others know they just don't gel; aren't tactile enough for a fully immersive experience.

Someone mentioned Eliminate had good controls. That's a joke right. It's the controls that ruin the experience.

I'm not trying to argue or start a flame war, I'm just stating my opinion.
I felt the controls in eliminate were fin. I had problems my first two games then I figured them out. I can now use the inertia that some find annoying to my advantage. Honestly all it takes is an open mind, and an attention span longer than that of a squirrel. But you're entitled to your own opinion.