★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: TanZen 1.5! Masters Mode! Music!

01-04-2009, 06:27 PM
TanZen 1.5! Masters Mode! Music!

Hey all you TanZen fans, future TanZen fans, and those of you who think TanZen is too easy! Version 1.5 has now been approved by Apple, and should be available in the next couple hours!

New features/changes:

- Masters Mode! Already finished all the current puzzles in TanZen? Are all the puzzles too easy for you? Masters Mode is for you! No more hints. No more puzzle shadows to guide you. All you're getting is a thumbnail image in the corner, and the rest is up to you! When you think you've got it solved, simply double tap in an open area of the screen to see if you're correct. If you're close, your pieces will center themselves against an enlarged puzzle shadow. TanZen will decide if you're complete, and if not, it gives you the opportunity to make any final adjustments. Watch the included Masters tutorial for a walkthrough. Some players wanted TanZen to be even more like the real game of tangrams, and this is it! Good luck, puzzle masters!

- New background music and puzzle completion sound! With the help of Atomicon, TanZen now has a soothing, yet catchy, track to get you into the Zen mood, and a new puzzle completion sound to go with it! And yes, you can turn the music off, or even use your own music. Simply turn off the music on the Options screen, and start your own music outside the game, before starting TanZen.

- Puzzles Reset! Want to start the game over, by erasing all your current progress? Just go to the Info screen, and choose the reset button to clear all the puzzles at once! Don't worry, you'll be given a confirmation warning, so no accidental resetting will happen.

- Tap in an open area of the screen to deselect a piece! Don't like having a piece selected all the time, and you don't want to wait for the selection to timeout? Simply tap in an open area to deselect the current piece.

- Redesigned Info screen! Easy to find items, such as Rules, Options, Reset, Tutorial, Credits and Email Support!

- What's New startup screen! Forgot to read the release notes for the latest update? No problem! Learn what's new with each update when you start the game for the first time. And no nag screens later on. This is a first run only screen.

- Little White Bear startup logo! My personal favorite.

I hope everyone enjoys the update! If you don't see version 1.5 yet, give it an hour or two. The servers are still catching up!

Have fun!
01-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the update, I bought this last week and have really enjoyed it.

01-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broward View Post
Thanks for the update, I bought this last week and have really enjoyed it.
Great, Broward! I'm glad you're enjoying it!
01-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the update looking forward to it.
TanZen was one of the first app I bought but my wife loved it so much, I haven't see it since. :-)
01-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Question. How diferent is TanZen from TanGrams Puzzle Pro? I got that one for free and has a bunch of levels. Dont get mad Little White; just wondering

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
01-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcl View Post
Thanks for the update looking forward to it.
TanZen was one of the first app I bought but my wife loved it so much, I haven't see it since. :-)
Sounds like you need two devices to play on, gcl! I hope you get a chance to play the update!
01-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
Question. How diferent is TanZen from TanGrams Puzzle Pro? I got that one for free and has a bunch of levels. Dont get mad Little White; just wondering
I personally like Tanzen a lot more. It doesn't have that horrible snap feature where the pieces just kind of go into place on their own. Also, I think tanzen has more levels and better music. I have both, and I played Tanzen so much more I just deleted Tangrams Puzzle Pro. Tanzen is a much better experience and is worth the $1 upgrade from Tangrams Puzzle Pro

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
01-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the update. This one has been on my first screen for awhile.
01-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
I think they play very differently, and it really depends on what you like in a game. But I believe TanZen is much more challenging, as it doesn't include a bunch of easy puzzles that take no thought at all. And the new Masters Mode takes the game to a whole new difficulty level.

There is a Lite version of the game, which will be updated to version 1.5 sometime tomorrow, if you'd like to give that a go. It's the exact same game as the full version, just with fewer puzzles. If you don't want to wait until tomorrow, the only major things missing from the current Lite version is the Masters Mode and music.
01-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arykmax View Post
Thanks for the update. This one has been on my first screen for awhile.
You're welcome, arykmax! Have fun with it!