★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Who else is sick of iPod 1G users being excluded from great games?

View Poll Results: Are you sick of not being able to buy games because you have an iPod 1G?
YES! I want to be able to play all games, even at the sake of graphics. 35 28.23%
No, they should have upgraded to a better device. 89 71.77%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll
11-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Who else is sick of iPod 1G users being excluded from great games?

I've had it with these developers making games that work on every device EXCEPT the iPod 1G! I've been able to handle it until now, but with the release of Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies, it was just the last straw for me. I'm sure it would work perfectly fine on the 1G if they had made an option to reduce the graphics for us. I was REALLY looking foward to being able to play Nazi Zombies on my iPod on a long car trip that's coming up soon for me, but because of this stupidity, I can't. To me, it's like saying someone can't play a PS2 game because they have the fat one, or that you can't play a 360 game because you don't have the Elite.

Simply put, post here if your'e an iPod 1G user who is sick of being left out for having an older device. I know I'm fed up with it.

EDIT: Could a mod please move the thread? I accidentally placed it in the wrong category, it was meant to go in the games discussion.

Last edited by Somerandomdude; 11-16-2009 at 05:01 PM.
11-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Wrong thread dude lol, but anyways... Yes it is unfair, but the preformance issues fail for 1G, i'm shure if you try to google some questions, something might pop up.

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.

11-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
I've had it with these developers making games that work on every device EXCEPT the iPod 1G! I've been able to handle it until now, but with the release of Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies, it was just the last straw for me. I'm sure it would work perfectly fine on the 1G if they had made an option to reduce the graphics for us. I was REALLY looking foward to being able to play Nazi Zombies on my iPod on a long car trip that's coming up soon for me, but because of this stupidity, I can't. To me, it's like saying someone can't play a PS2 game because they have the fat one, or that you can't play a 360 game because you don't have the Elite.

Simply put, post here if your'e an iPod 1G user who is sick of being left out for having an older device. I know I'm fed up with it.

EDIT: Could a mod please move the thread? I accidentally placed it in the wrong category, it was meant to go in the games discussion.
Actually, it's more like a PS2 user raging because they can't play a PS3 game. The 3Gs is 4 times faster than the 3G -- I would expect that speed differences are comparable between 1st Gen and 3rd Gen iPod Touch.

Not saying that developers shouldn't cater to everyone (a game like Ravensword, for example, has been designed to work well on all devices while giving next gen users an enhanced experience). But it's to be expected that AAA developers will soon begin to focus their efforts on the next gen devices.

This should probably go in the game discussion section.
11-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Who else is sick of members posting this garbage in the wrong forum?

Lets say you were the devs behind CoD Zombies, would you waste the time making an option to reduce graphics on a $10 game for a community of technology laggards that aren't willing to buy a new, more advanced iPod who, in the devs mind, fit the same demographic as those who are likely to not even look at a $10 game.

I'm not targeting you or saying you're cheap, I'm just saying the average person with a 1G iPod Touch obviously doesn't have too much passion for iPod gaming so why would a dev make a premium game to fit their out-dated devices?

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
11-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Actually, it's more like a PS2 user raging because they can't play a PS3 game. The 3Gs is 4 times faster than the 3G -- I would expect that speed differences are comparable between 1st Gen and 3rd Gen iPod Touch.

Not saying that developers shouldn't cater to everyone (a game like Ravensword, for example, has been designed to work well on all devices while giving next gen users an enhanced experience). But it's to be expected that AAA developers will soon begin to focus their efforts on the next gen devices.

This should probably go in the game discussion section.
What I meant is that if they're such a big dev, why can't they make an option to downgrade the graphics for those on older systems, like Ravensword? It just seems like we're being FORCED to buy newer systems just to be able to keep up with the growing game technology.

and yeah i noticed the thread thing after posting
11-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Nope. Gonna pick up the new 3G iPod touch in a day or two
11-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
What I meant is that if they're such a big dev, why can't they make an option to downgrade the graphics for those on older systems, like Ravensword? It just seems like we're being FORCED to buy newer systems just to be able to keep up with the growing game technology.

and yeah i noticed the thread thing after posting
I know what you meant. My point is that it's unfortunate, but unsurprising. Ravensword will likely be the exception, rather than the rule.
11-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Meh.

Welcome to the world of computer hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I know what you meant. My point is that it's unfortunate, but unsurprising. Ravensword will likely be the exception, rather than the rule.
Seeing this trend, I may unfortunately have to say no to a PS3 this year and go for the iTouch 3g. Luckily an 8G is only 200 from the looks of their website (Or is that a 2g? Ah well, either way its a reasonable upgrade). My money would be better spent there, always been dying for a built in speaker and for my emulators to run at reasonable speeds.
11-16-2009, 05:11 PM
A month ago I picked up the new Ipod Touch 3g. I had a 1st gen iTouch for a few years and was sick of the limitations (no speaker, no earbuds w/ mike, no cases, exclusions to games, etc.).