★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Origin8
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.9 MB
  • Version: 2.0.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: AirBear wants to get HIGH, and he needs help from YOU!
Draw goo trampolines for AirBear to bounce on and launch him up, up and away!
Collect bamboo rings as he climbs to the clouds, but beware of bombs - they'll knock the stuffing out of him!
When you want to get down, tap AirBear's head to put on his propeller hat, or else he'll go SPLAT.

Two addictive game modes:

HOMEWARD BOUND:

AirBear's on a mission! Collect lost jigsaw puzzle pieces scattered throughout the house.
Bounce up through the levels from Basement to Attic and Treetop freedom!
Hit all the rings and stay in one piece to earn a place on the high score tables!

ENDLESS BOUND:

Going up! Spring up the Skyscraper and try for the highest high score in the world!

How low can you go? Dive down the perilous Well, but don't hit rock bottom!

FEATURES

Intuitive touch and tilt controls for instant pick-up-and-play fun.
Bright, brilliant graphics, animation, backgrounds and effects.
Awesome music and sound effects from Earcom.
High scores and unlockable achievements via GameCenter.
iPod Music Library support

VIDEO

See www.origin8.com/airbear for the video and more information!

REVIEWS

"Part Doodle Jump, part Ragdoll Blaster, with a little bit of a Toy Story vibe thrown in for good measure, AirBear is, oddly enough, wholly original."
AppModo.Com

"AirBear jumps above the competition, and is the best bouncing upwards game in the App Store. The game has an outstanding design, and provides multiple gameplay modes and objectives to keep you coming back for more."
AppAdvice.Com

"Excellent graphics and sounds, intuitive game controls and unique and engaging gameplay with plenty of unlockables and bonus games - plus one of the cutest pandas I've seen - make this game a winner for kids and grownups alike. Extremely addictive!"
enuhskigamesiphone.blogspot.com

Repair Drone's comments:
A release during our office hours - novel!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Let's hear what you think!
11-17-2009, 06:50 AM
well it looks nice

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"

11-17-2009, 06:52 AM
looks like there's some depth to it with the modes and achievements

im a fan of all your games origin8, so im sure this one is great too!

Plus+: MiniMe ~ OF: Problem ~ Gameloft: Change ~ AGON: Negamaki
11-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Any impressions ? I passed right over this game, it but then decided to watch the video. I like to check any game with openfeint because I really like to buy games with global leaderboards and it looks like it might actually be fun.

Last edited by cranker; 11-17-2009 at 09:16 AM.
11-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Debating..... Petrified of a release sale as soon as I purchase.... been burned before for being too quick to the trigger.... Looks good though.
11-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Debating..... Petrified of a release sale as soon as I purchase.... been burned before for being too quick to the trigger.... Looks good though.
Origin8 doesn't disappoint but, yeah, who knows, it could drop to $1 at any point so the question is how patient are you? Either way you'll be getting a great game so I'm not too concerned, but, yeah, I do hate the ol' "App is now half price" just hours after you bought it.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Origin8 doesn't disappoint but, yeah, who knows, it could drop to $1 at any point so the question is how patient are you? Either way you'll be getting a great game so I'm not too concerned, but, yeah, I do hate the ol' "App is now half price" just hours after you bought it.
That's what is making me lean towards the purchase - the devs rep. Otherwise it would be a no brainer to wait!
11-17-2009, 09:41 AM
There is no release sale planned - it'd be on sale right now if there was Of course we can't guarantee the price won't drop in future, but we're not sitting with our fingers on the $0.99 button right now.

FUTURE SENSE - A brain-bending Time Travel adventure OUT NOW!
SENTINEL 4: DARK STAR - Probably the best Tower Defence in the Galaxy
TRANSPORT TYCOON - The definitive version of the classic business sim
Follow us on Twitter ● Like us on Facebook ● Circle us on Google+
11-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repair Drone View Post
There is no release sale planned - it'd be on sale right now if there was Of course we can't guarantee the price won't drop in future, but we're not sitting with our fingers on the $0.99 button right now.
Good to know.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repair Drone View Post
In that case - sold! It looks mighty cute!