★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ravensword Expansions, what would you like to see?

11-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Ravensword Expansions, what would you like to see?

Simple, title says all. I know we're excited about it coming out today, but I'm equally excited about what is to come. So post your suggestions, what you'd like to see in an upcoming expac.

For me:
- Classes, especially a mage class.
- More than one attack, like maybe 3 would be nice.
- Talent trees (not essential, just a great feature of good rpgs)

Lets hear your thoughts.

Game centre ID: Kal'Torak
11-17-2009, 10:24 AM
They can add a way to contribute user-made content like... books in a library that can be downloaded to other devices from a server maybe? After a few months, they can pick the best story and make sidequests out of it or something.

Aside from that, maybe a combo attack or something, or an attack that will blow the enemy away if its a killing blow, that effect never fails to amuse me in oblivion. Just posting random ideas...

11-17-2009, 10:26 AM
i agree with your points
as class i would love to play as a dwarf
so there schould be different characters or classes like rogue, mage, dwarfs, elves or something like that
more citys woul be nice and more life in the game, i mean more different people which do there daily work and with which you can interact with.
also i would like to see in the game things like break into houses and be thief just like in oblivion etc.
i played it know for a short time and its a great game specially because it was made by two persons!!!
11-17-2009, 10:26 AM
:)

Looking forward to hearing everyone's suggestions.
A few big ones that we know we are adding are skills and spell casting.
Definitely want to add blocking and shield stuff - I think that would make the combat much more interesting. We're even talking about a co-op multiplayer adventure mode! Shhhhh.... Don't tell Russ I said that!
11-17-2009, 10:30 AM
- bigger world and if possible without connections, as this doesen't give you such a free feeling!

-more magic! Come on, fireballs and lightning rock! (Play gothic!)

-more weapons - you just want to stab your enemys in different ways, right?
11-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Hey josh that sounds great
yeah ravensword realy need skills
and maybe you could play the co op multyplayer mode over bluetooth and over w-Lan lokal and over w-Lan world wide

yes magic is very important
and more and bigger cittys with more people in it
also the people should walk around and not only stand
@Der Kleine
Gothic is a fantastic RPG
do you played the new one from piranha bites risen?
sorry for off topic

Last edited by ipodtouchfan21; 11-17-2009 at 10:34 AM.
11-17-2009, 10:49 AM
BUYING HOUSES and character creation

i want to be able to edit my chatacters face and how fat/skinny he is
11-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodtouchfan21 View Post
Hey josh that sounds great
yeah ravensword realy need skills
and maybe you could play the co op multyplayer mode over bluetooth and over w-Lan lokal and over w-Lan world wide

yes magic is very important
and more and bigger cittys with more people in it
also the people should walk around and not only stand
@Der Kleine
Gothic is a fantastic RPG
do you played the new one from piranha bites risen?
sorry for off topic
I played the demo of risen, but it didn't run well with the nvidia geforce 7600 go (the 7xxx series has a bug that makes that game look verry grey and collourless! )
I don't know how it will run now with the ATI x700 mobile, but I'll download it again on steam now!)

Back on Topic:
For the magic, you could make some dark caves and then you could use some magic to get a light that would light the cave! (I'm not a dev, but maybe if the game turns down the draw distance and makes stuff out of the draw distance balck, you'd just have to get the bit between stuff you can see & stuff you can't see right!)
11-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Not sure if you guys follow our Twitter but we just signed on an artist from Bethesda's "Elder Scrolls" series to work on the Ravensword Expansion pack.
He's been concepting new ideas for the past week.
11-17-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure how to say this but it all comes down to making the game more RPG like, and that's about it. I could give examples but I think you know what I mean, stats, loots, skills and so on. Everything else is fine, and very well done. Achievements would be nice too.

Thanks.

Mission Europa 2 is coming!!!
http://ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com