★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Left4Dead iphone?

11-17-2009, 11:25 AM
#1
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 502
Left4Dead iphone?

Can we ever expect to see Left4Dead on the iPhone? We have seen Nazi zombies and Modern Combat. We are gonna see GTA. Assassin's Creed. I think that Valve should make a lot of money by making all of the iPhone users happy! How many think there is gonna be one?
11-17-2009, 11:38 AM
#2
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 267
Well, it hasn't been announced yet and there's been no indication they are working on it. I would think that such a big game would probably not get made for the iPhone, but then again, I thought the same thing about Nazi Zombies. You never know.

Playing: Eliminate, Minigore, Bike or Die, Mini Squadron, Ramp Champ
Waiting For: Chinatown Wars, Project X, Guerrilla Bob
Openfeint: tmcaffeine Plus+: tmcaffeine
Testing: Minigore, 2012 Zombies Vs Aliens, Santa Game, Guerrilla Bob

11-17-2009, 01:05 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson15 View Post
Can we ever expect to see Left4Dead on the iPhone? We have seen Nazi zombies and Modern Combat.
Huh? I think you are confusing those games with app store clones.

Valve has never developed for the iPhone, and there's no indication they're going to start now, so don't hold your breath.

Speaking of clones, if you want to play Left4Dead so bad, why don't you go pick up Alive4Ever for $1. That's prolly as close as you'll ever get.
11-17-2009, 03:08 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
Right after iFallout (see sig).
11-17-2009, 03:35 PM
#5
Joined: May 2009
Location: Classified
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson15 View Post
Can we ever expect to see Left4Dead on the iPhone? We have seen Nazi zombies and Modern Combat. We are gonna see GTA. Assassin's Creed. I think that Valve should make a lot of money by making all of the iPhone users happy! How many think there is gonna be one?
Sandstorm isn't CoD4, and nazi zombies is a port, not an entire game. Valve hates developing for anything other than PC, what makes you think they would choose to develop on "a more limited platform?"

Gameloft LIVE: Lethal_Tuna
Plus Network: nbgfr478ii
"Have a Nice Day!"
11-17-2009, 03:42 PM
#6
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 109
The first time I saw the intro of CoD: WaW I immediately thought of Left4Dead because of the running zombie
11-17-2009, 03:53 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidaphone View Post
Huh? I think you are confusing those games with app store clones.

Valve has never developed for the iPhone, and there's no indication they're going to start now, so don't hold your breath.

Speaking of clones, if you want to play Left4Dead so bad, why don't you go pick up Alive4Ever for $1. That's prolly as close as you'll ever get.
Get back to me after you play CoD: Zombies. Then you'll understand what Bronson15 means.
11-17-2009, 03:57 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta-Omega View Post
Sandstorm isn't CoD4, and nazi zombies is a port, not an entire game. Valve hates developing for anything other than PC, what makes you think they would choose to develop on "a more limited platform?"
The same reason Activision did: there's money to be made on the platform, particularly porting well known franchises.

Again, playing CoD: Zombies pretty much upended my expectations for the platform. Would it make sense for Valve to port the entirety of Left4Dead -- probably not. But a portion of the game that incorporates online coop play? That's pretty much a no brainer.
11-17-2009, 04:10 PM
#9
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta-Omega View Post
Sandstorm isn't CoD4, and nazi zombies is a port, not an entire game. Valve hates developing for anything other than PC, what makes you think they would choose to develop on "a more limited platform?"
It may not be the entire CoD 5 game, but is most definitely the entire Nazi Zombies game. (As entire as is possible on the iPhone, of course.)

Playing: Eliminate, Minigore, Bike or Die, Mini Squadron, Ramp Champ
Waiting For: Chinatown Wars, Project X, Guerrilla Bob
Openfeint: tmcaffeine Plus+: tmcaffeine
Testing: Minigore, 2012 Zombies Vs Aliens, Santa Game, Guerrilla Bob
11-17-2009, 04:48 PM
#10
Joined: May 2009
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 5,195
This game looks pretty similar and is due to come out soon. It won't have multiplayer to start, but will get online 4 player co-op. Check it out

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...threadid=33375