★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Brian Teeter
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Outpost Titan is an action/arcade game unlike anything you have ever played.

Your mission is to protect the tiny and remote Outpost Titan from a relentless enemy invasion. To succeed, you must be fast and ready to use your weapons wisely. You must destroy the enemy or be destroyed!

Are you up to the challenge? Get Outpost Titan today and find out.

Game Features:

** 25 Action Packed Levels

** 4 Rocking Music Soundtracks

** 8-bit Retro Styled Graphics

** 5 Unique Powerups and Weapons to grab and use

** 3 Difficulty levels ranging from Normal to Insane (!)

** Facebook Integration: Challenge and compete with your Facebook friends

** OpenFeint Enabled: Track and unlock all 22 in game achievements

How to Play:

Touch enemy fighters to blast them with your laser cannon.

If the Outpost shields are getting weak, tap the Outpost to regenerate them. The faster you tap, the faster the shields will regenerate.

Tap any items that drop from the enemies you destroy to collect them. Then to use any of your special weapons tap the icons along the bottom of the screen to use your special weapons.

(Top Secret Hint: Start with the very quick tutorial to get you up to speed. There is an achievement you can unlock in the tutorial.)

Keywords: action, arcade, outpost, outpost titan, frantic, tower defense, openfeint, game

bteeter's comments:
After months of development, Outpost: Titan has been released on the App Store!

Outpost: Titan is an action packed arcade game that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Take command of Outpost: Titan, a remote Starbase orbiting the Saturn moon Titan. Your mission is to protect the Outpost from all attacks and to stop the enemy from reaching the moon at all costs.

Wage battle against wave after wave of relentless enemies star ships. You will have to be fast and use your limited weapons wisely to defeat them.

It will not be easy.

If you are skilled enough to vanquish the enemys entire fleet, you will face the destroy the enemy Mothership, the most powerful battle ship in the known galaxy.

It may be too much for your little Outpost to handle. Are you up to the challenge? Get Outpost: Titan today and find out.

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/outpost-titan/id339147883?mt=8

A game play video can be found on the following page:

http://www.brianteeter.com/site/?p=5

(I am not sure how to post the video directly here, if someone knows how I will be happy to update the post.)

Finally, you can follow the game on and post your achievements on Facebook:

Follow Outpost: Titan on Facebook

I hope you all enjoy it. It's been a blast to work on these past few months.
11-17-2009, 02:14 PM

11-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Promo Code Giveaway

All,

In order to help spread the word about Outpost: Titan - I am giving away 12 free promo codes for folks interested in trying out the game.

All I ask in return is:

1) If you feel the game is good enough for a 3 star or better review, that you post a rating and review in the App store.

2) If you DO NOT feel the game is good enough for a 3 star rating, you write me privately and tell me why it sucks.

Fair enough?

If you're interested, reply here or shoot me a PM.

Take care,

Brian

Battle Blaster: Voted best game for Long Work Bathroom breaks by users everywhere

Love-O-Meter: Guys, impress your ladies with the size of your Love Power!
11-19-2009, 04:35 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-20-2009, 03:48 PM
I still have a few promo codes left, if anyone is interested. Post or PM me to get one.

Battle Blaster: Voted best game for Long Work Bathroom breaks by users everywhere

11-20-2009, 03:59 PM
pm sent
11-22-2009, 07:08 PM
One more code available. PM or post if you want it.

Thanks - Brian

11-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bteeter View Post
One more code available. PM or post if you want it.

Thanks - Brian
me thx!

Plus+: MiniMe ~ OF: Problem ~ Gameloft: Change ~ AGON: Negamaki
11-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Initial Impressions

This is a tough little game.

1st: I like the music. It's a little downtempo for how frantic this game gets, but I like it.

2nd: This game gets hard fast. Either that, or I'm doing it wrong. I am tapping on the outpost to raise the shields.

3rd: Glitch to report - played the entire tutorial and came back to the menu and the [F Connect] button is covering up Settings and part of Get Social...

4th: It seems the best way to play this one is with your thumb on the outpost and a finger to tap on the enemies. Alternately tap between your thumb and finger. When you're down to the last enemy, be sure to get that shield charged fully before you kill it.

5th: It would be nice to have some sort of scoring system, online perhaps. OpenFeint would be great. I don't do Facebook.

6th: Did I say this game gets hard fast? Well if Normal doesn't give your hands a cramp fast enough there's Hard and Insane difficulties as well.

Not a bad little game - could use some spit 'n polish, but it's very playable, twitch gamers should like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it and I'm glad you enjoy it.

Regarding your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
This is a tough little game.

1st: I like the music. It's a little downtempo for how frantic this game gets, but I like it.
Yeah the main game tempo is just a bit slow, but it was the best fit for what I was going for. The battle cruiser and mothership battle music is a lot more intense. :-)

Quote:

2nd: This game gets hard fast. Either that, or I'm doing it wrong. I am tapping on the outpost to raise the shields.
I have found that setting the iPhone down and using my two first fingers to be most effective. Some tips in general:

1) Always keep your shields up to maximum (you seem to have got that one already)

2) Focus fire. Don't shoot each one time, focus on targets and kill them off.

3) Bigger ships are generally more deadly.

4) Some weapons you can touch to shoot down. Enemy missles are something you can shoot down, for instance.

5) EMP followed by a Missle Attack == WIN

Quote:

3rd: Glitch to report - played the entire tutorial and came back to the menu and the [F Connect] button is covering up Settings and part of Get Social...
Already fixed in the upcoming update 1.01.

Quote:

4th: It seems the best way to play this one is with your thumb on the outpost and a finger to tap on the enemies. Alternately tap between your thumb and finger. When you're down to the last enemy, be sure to get that shield charged fully before you kill it.
Good advice. If your shields are already full you can attack more than one enemy at once. Tap them both to shoot at both simultaneously.

Quote:

5th: It would be nice to have some sort of scoring system, online perhaps. OpenFeint would be great. I don't do Facebook.
Coming soon. Probably not for 1.0.1 since I want to finish and submit by Friday. But it is going to be implemented very soon. I am looking forward to putting in all sorts of ridiculous achievements. Some ideas:

Pacifist: Reached Level 5 without firing a shot.

Wow you're really a Pacifist: Reached Level 5 on Insane Mode without firing a shot.

OMG Missles: Kill 20 enemies at once with a Missle attack.

Clutch Save: Use a Super Healing item when you have less than 5 hit points left.

etc.

Quote:

6th: Did I say this game gets hard fast? Well if Normal doesn't give your hands a cramp fast enough there's Hard and Insane difficulties as well.

Not a bad little game - could use some spit 'n polish, but it's very playable, twitch gamers should like it.
Hit the menu button in the top right to pause the game and take a break if need be. :-)

Speaking of hard, I was play testing last night on hard mode and made it to the Mothership at level 25. I can only do this about 1 out of 3 times because, yeah its kind of hard.

I was connected to me dev machine, so the console was running.

I was beating that ship down, I used all of my EMP's, missles and right as I broke through the Mothership's shields I use my last restore life.

I was pounding on my iPhone going nuts but I didn't quite get it. Just as I was sure I was about to get it, I died. I completely freaked because I was so close. I checked my console log and saw that the Mothership had 327 hit points left.

I know you all don't know the numbers behind the game, but 327 hit points is just barely more than 1 shot of damage at Level 25. So, basically I was 2 shots, or about 0.2 seconds away from winning.

I have only beat Hard mode 1 time before (out of probably 20 or more tries on Hard mode), so yeah it would have been sweet. Oh well, next time. :-)

Thanks again for your review!

Take care,

Brian

Last edited by bteeter; 11-25-2009 at 12:19 AM.