★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Updates you'd like to see?

09-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Updates you'd like to see?

I'm aware that there are a lot of developers on the forums here, and as they're all posting threads for us to give feedback on, I figure it's only fair that it should go both ways. Are there any games you'd like to see a specific feature in?

As for me, I'd like to see an option for super pong in which powerups fall from capsules instead of being assigned to certain blocks. I think this is a more fun method, and I understand that it would probably entail a lot of recoding, but it's just a suggestion.
09-23-2008, 10:33 PM
update for Galcon

I would be willing to buy add on Features, such as more game play options, like those found on the Desktop Versions
maybe sell them each for 99 cents, of if there was a way to bundle the various packages into the original game,
that would be amazing

then there are those far out requests of Voice Chat, but that would force me to buy a 2nd gen touch or an iphone, and i dont know if i want to hear the squealing pain and agony of those who i am crushing to death

but def. the more game play options

update for V.Conquest

make the territories that you own, the same color as your color, like greenland if ocupied by red, would turn entirely red, or if by blue, entirely blue...it is easier on the eyes this way, instead of having the color on the tiny boxes, if anything, make those color boxes bigger..which is hard to do on small territories

there are a few other ideas, but i dont really play those apps, so ...meh..
but I would love if Phil can upgrade Galcon to have more game play options..it would keep the game fresh, and I'm willing to buy these

09-24-2008, 12:25 PM
My eternal 2 cents

Okay, I just see this thread sitting here, and I just can't resist. I'm going to be redundant just one last time. From now on when somebody posts anything asking for suggestions I'll just post a link to link to this post.

ALL apps should include the OPTION to:

* see the clock at all times
* see the battery charge at all times
* listen to my own music (and obviously turn off any music that the app has, but still hear other sound effects on top of my music)
* turn off all sound, and have an on-screen method (as in, not dependent on the physical volume "rocker") of controlling the volume for us poor G1 iPod Touch owners- besides anyone might want to change the volume of the apps sound effects without changing the volume of my music and vice-versa
* save the state of the app/game exactly where it is and come back to that state as immediately as possible when it is run again.

Options all, to be chosen by the user to customize the experience to their preferences. Such preferences should also be saved, so we don't have to select them again every time we use it. Saved states and preferences should back up to iTunes &/or (again opt in only) remote server to prevent accidental loss. No update should ever cause this data to be lost unless the changes are so monumental they render such data obsolete (I should think that would be a very rare occurence.)
09-24-2008, 02:20 PM
1. internet multiplayer
2. See #1
09-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
1. internet multiplayer
2. See #1
for what game?
09-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by mek View Post
for what game?
All games, of course.