★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured in Apple's "What We're Playing" list for almost a month, are you playing it yet? Have you joined the OpenFeint leader board scramble?

First User review available on Touch Arcade

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=33772

Introducing Bear Paw a simple and challenging, and beautiful game. Watch the gravity and stunning particle effects light up the iPhones screen as stars and comets collide.

The game is an intriguing game based on a barnes-hut gravity simulation of stars. The goal of the game is to place your space ship on the screen and set it off on a path avoiding the stars and collecting the comets. With every comet you collect a score multiplier is applied to increase the rate at which your score increases. Do you go for the comets or play it safe and avoid the stars... The dilemma is yours.

Placing your space ship is easy, simply tap and pull back like a pinball machine to send it flying through space.

You tube video available here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-QExWfZJFM

Some quotes from users:

"I like the particle effects, looks awesome"
"Absolutely love the look of the neon particle effects!"
"Very enjoyable game. The graphics and particle effects are stunning, and the game, though exceedingly simple, is fun to watch."
"I really like this game a lot"
"Gameplay is addictive to say the least - once you think you've figured out exactly where you're going wrong, the subtlety of gravity plays out in the gameplay and makes every round virtually unique."
"The interpretation of the physics and the Barnes-Hut gravity simulation is implemented brilliantly , and the graphics are a stunning presentation of something much more complicated going on under the hood."
Take the time to just get used to the gravity factor, and you'll realise how good this app is"

Why not come and compete with us in OpenFeint?

pocketfun's comments:
Introducing Bear Paw a simple and challenging, and beautiful game. Watch the gravity and stunning particle effects light up the iPhones screen as stars and comets collide.

The game is an intriguing game based on a barnes-hut gravity simulation of stars. The goal of the game is to place your space ship on the screen and set it off on a path avoiding the stars and collecting the comets. With every comet you collect a score multiplier is applied to increase the rate at which your score increases. Do you go for the comets or play it safe and avoid the stars... The dilemma is yours.

Placing your space ship is easy, simply tap and pull back like a pinball machine to send it flying through space.

The teaser trailer with some gameplay video is available here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-QExWfZJFM

App store link:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bear-paw/id335358108?mt=8

Enjoy and have fun

Looking forward to seeing your high scores!
11-18-2009, 08:29 AM
oops apologies, someone beat me to it

w: www.pocketfun.co.uk
t: www.twitter.com/pocketfun

Working on a dual iPad/iPhone release... Watch our twitter feed...

11-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketfun View Post
oops apologies, someone beat me to it
No problem. You`re the dev so you can have this thread. Looks really good btw

Youtube link | Pop Up
11-18-2009, 10:05 AM
looks cool
11-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Thank you for the compliment, those that have taken the plunge seem to like it as well, which is very heartening.

11-18-2009, 11:23 AM
I like the particle effects, looks awesome

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
11-18-2009, 11:25 AM
The video is more of a teaser. Any more gameplay scenes?

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Looking to produce a new video in the coming week.

11-18-2009, 12:00 PM
I take it that the ship reacts to gravity from the stars? Just wondering since you description for launching the ship would have it travelling in a straight line but in the video it winds up curving.

Absolutely love the look of the neon particle effects!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Yep that's right everything is subject to the gravity effects of everything else, including the ship. It is a joy to watch it bend around and be pulled back. Many a time it will surprise you as it twists and turns and near misses the stars.