★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: anyone remember star castle or space duel?

01-05-2009, 07:24 AM
anyone remember star castle or space duel?

both of these arcade games, especially star castle would be perfect for the touch. are there any developers who specialize in bringing old arcade games back?
01-05-2009, 12:00 PM
I remember them both, fondly (wow I'm old). Space Duel is an Atari game, and they are actively making Iphone games - but I don't think it was big enough for them that they would do an Iphone remake before one of their other hit games.

01-05-2009, 12:15 PM
I'd love to see Atari do a Gravitar port.

I do remember Star Castle...isn't that where your ship is outside a circle of rings and you need to shoot the rings to get to the ship in the middle? If so, yeah, that would be a great port also.
01-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Battlezone.

I want Battlezone. Mutiplayer too.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Defender!

Now that would be some controls
01-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrent View Post

I do remember Star Castle...isn't that where your ship is outside a circle of rings and you need to shoot the rings to get to the ship in the middle? If so, yeah, that would be a great port also.
yup, thats star castle. I actually have the vectrex system, circa 1981, which has the built in screen and everything looks like asteroids. i have a star castle clone on it.

How about bringing out the old Star Wars vector arcade game, where all you saw was the wings if your xwing fighter. that would be awesome.

also try vector blaster in the itunes store if you like tempest. great clone.
01-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrent View Post
It wouldn't be as good as ngmoco's 'Dropship,' though.
01-05-2009, 10:03 PM
I had a Vectrex, Star Castle was really expensive if I ever came across it. I would love to see some Vectrex games, they are after all, public domain http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...he_.php?page=3

Solar Quest was cool. The racing games sucked. Football Sucked. The built-in game had a glitch in it. But fun.

MacBookPro 17" 2.33, 23" LCD, Ipod Touch 1st Gen- JB'd, Iphone 3g - not JB'd----yet.
01-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcescott View Post
I had a Vectrex, Star Castle was really expensive if I ever came across it. I would love to see some Vectrex games, they are after all, public domain http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...he_.php?page=3

Solar Quest was cool. The racing games sucked. Football Sucked. The built-in game had a glitch in it. But fun.
Here's the guy who did many of the Vectrex games. I worked with him at Activision.

http://sloperama.com/tsloper.htm

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto