★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Scummvm games

01-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Scummvm games

I would love to play Monkey island on my iphone, but I'm not willing to jail break my phone. I wish Lucas arts could work with the Scummvm people and release these games in a packaged fashion, so Scummvm will become a game engine of sorts.

I think there was talking of an SDK version of the iphone port but I'm not sure if anything ever came of that?

Anyone know any more?
01-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Lucas arts as the copyright holders would never allow some third party to publish SCUMMVM to the app store. And unfortunately they're too stupid to see the demand for it and do it themselves.

Of course I've thought about adapting the jailbreak version to compile in the SDK for my own private use

01-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I think that would be our only option

I have a mate with an SDK key if we could get an Xcode version that works with the SDK he could generate us some beta testing keys and away we go..
01-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Jailbreak it, my god it is so simple and does nothing to your iPhone but make it a jillion times better. Any issues just restore and you're back to having a fresh iPhone.
01-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Can you still buy and sync from the App store if you jailbreak? Because it is totally worth it if so. I would love to play all the old Lucas Arts gems for the bajillionth time, but would not be willing to sacrifice all the great paid content.
01-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broward View Post
Can you still buy and sync from the App store if you jailbreak? Because it is totally worth it if so. I would love to play all the old Lucas Arts gems for the bajillionth time, but would not be willing to sacrifice all the great paid content.
Yes, I do it all the time.
01-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Sold. I think I will set aside some time tonight to make it happen.
01-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
Jailbreak it, my god it is so simple and does nothing to your iPhone but make it a jillion times better. Any issues just restore and you're back to having a fresh iPhone.
I would if it wasn't for all the posts complaining about certain games not working on jail broken phones!
01-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Would love to jailbreak, but I have an iPod Touch 2G...
01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadunne View Post
I would if it wasn't for all the posts complaining about certain games not working on jail broken phones!
Hi. I'm jailbroken and can confirm that everything is just fine. If you have any problems you CAN restore to the standard iPhone/iPod firmware and your iPhone/iPod will be EXACTLY as it was before.

The only app I've had trouble with was Brothers in Arms. There is a simple solution to fixing that which involved installing SBSettings from Cydia, putting your device into Safe mode and then launching BIA. A reboot back to normal mode then leaves you with a working BIA.

You can really customise your iPhone when it is jailbroken and definately makes the device more desirable.

Try it, you won't regret it. Backup your device, jailbreak it and enjoy Cydia!