Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-04-2009, 07:10 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

A big thanks to the developer. I had missed the last promo go around and the dev made a point to give me a code before the next offering. And I had planned to buy it.

The game is very polished and way cool physics. I really like it.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:12 PM

Game is very fun. It's pretty cool when both missiles collide towards each other . Graphics are smooth and the trails look great. Getting a good challenge out of it so I see myself playing for quite some time. Cool icon BTW.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:20 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

That is an impressive icon. I love the way it pops out on my iPhone.

I agree with darkhorse, it is challenging, but not so much that it doesn't put me off from playing.

Any update on integrating a social network like OpenFeint, AGON, or Scoreloop?
Old 12-06-2009, 10:42 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

We've pretty much integrated OF by now. I did contact Plus+ but they haven't replied to me yet. Any idea how long that's supposed to take?

Attaching OF was of course easy. We need a few more days to polish the feel of the integration, do some beta testing, then I think we can submit.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:44 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

T_T

this is strange as games as City Sling got integrated into plus+ somehow o_o give them more time or something...
Old 12-06-2009, 12:30 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by estyst View Post
T_T
this is strange as games as City Sling got integrated into plus+ somehow o_o give them more time or something...
Yeah, I'll see whether they reply during the week. To be honest the hard part is not integrating the score system - I'm sure we could switch between them quite easily. The hard part is making sure the game still feels polished, that the achievements are balanced, and that users who don't want to go online don't have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictArts View Post
A big thanks to the developer. I had missed the last promo go around and the dev made a point to give me a code before the next offering. And I had planned to buy it.

The game is very polished and way cool physics. I really like it.
Glad you like it AA.

I have some additional promo codes left over... if anybody wants one, PM me. iTunes reviews would be appreciated.

If I run out I'll make a point of looking you up next time, though since online leaderboards are in the next release you might want to get some practice in.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:54 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Default Game Impressions

Excellent game! I'm only on level 13, but I already know that this is a keeper. The graphics are simply beautiful, the soundtrack fits perfectly and the app is extremely well polished all around.

There is a learning curve for placing shots and I did find myself getting frustrated at certain points where I felt that the good shots were mostly luck. But after settling in for a while on a couple of levels, I found that I could adjust and place shots where I wanted them to go, even after the planets shifted. It just takes some time to get used to how the physics work in the game.

One change I think should be made is to have the "ready to fire" indicator light be brighter and more visible without looking closely at it. I'd actually prefer if it were on the left side so I wouldn't have to move my finger off the cannon to see it, but I don't know if that would mess too much with the steampunk design. In any case, it's a very minor thing. And this is definitely a 5-star game.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:46 PM

This is one of the most polished iphone games I've played . I love the explosions, the effects are amazing, they really do a good job at immersing you into the game. The game sounds are top quality. At first when I started playing I wasn't sure what the gameplay was about, 5 minutes later I was wanting more and more. Hard to describe but definitely a unique game in a very good way. Recommend everyone check this out.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:16 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Nijo,

If you integrate either OF or Plus+, please make the scores and achievements viewable ingame and not only through those social platforms. Thanks. And oh, don't put the OF logo on your now beautiful icon!
Old 12-07-2009, 01:18 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Send a message via AIM to otggamer

I have just had a little time to play Bombardiers Guild (the first four levels) and so far I have been enjoying it. It's kind of a mix between Gravity Sling and that old Qbasic Gorillas game (but with much much much better graphics). I love the game's steampunk style menu graphics.

My first impressions are that, Quantum Toast has done a nice job with the gravity element as well. I like how a player is locked out the player from firing off another shot until the first one has not yet hit its any target. This leaves the firing player vulnerable and forces players to be more strategic rather than just rapid firing over and over again.

I do wish the game was a bit more difficult (ie. The AI was a better shot). I would suggest several difficulty levels, that way you can offer a more challenging AI opponent for more experienced players. Are there only 9 levels or do I need to complete the nine to unlock more? There is a same-device multiplayer mode which I could see offering a good deal of replayability. I have not had a chance to try the multiplayer yet, I tend to prefer online multiplayer modes, but I'm gonna see if I can grab a co-worker to try this out.

Overall, great work, though I think $1.99 could be a little high for the brevity of the single-player campaign otherwise it needs more levels. I'll definitely be playing some more.

-Brett

UPDATE::: I've just been informed that the AI does get progressivly more difficult and that the first few levels are intended to ease you into the game. Plus there are more levels that get unlocked once you complete the initial nine. YAY!