App description: "An elegant physics shooter game with a compelling storyline, gorgeous steampunk inspired aesthetics and creative gameplay. FIVE STARS *****." - appSIZED.com

Do you have what it takes to become a Master Bombardier?
Join the Bombardiers Guild today!

* Rise through the ranks following your glorious victories
* Battle with the distinct cultures that make up the Guild
* Challenge legendary masters in head-to-head battles
* Establish your reputation in the Great Feud
* Compare your best scores with other Bombardiers
* Earn achievements as you progress

Play with elegance. Play with passion. Play to win!

FEATURES

* Unique physics engine with realistic planet gravity and projectile ballistics
* Find the perfect shot to weave between the planets and destroy the enemy base
* Charge up your rocket by making s-shots, loops or other complex paths between the planets
* Challenge three distinct alien cultures across more than 500 levels
* Use different strategies against increasingly cunning opponent AI as you progress through the missions
* Earn numerous ranks & promotions in the Guild for skillful shots and missions completed
* Track your progress and most glorious victories in detailed statistics
* Compare your scores using beautifully incorporated OpenFeint leaderboards
* Earn OpenFeint achievements whether on or offline
* Battle your friends in two player mode across all 500+ levels
* Enjoy the carefully crafted steampunk atmosphere, user interface and soundtrack
* Particle effects and disruption shockwaves tap the full graphical potential of your iDevice

"Charging rockets and replenishing shields take a genre classic to new heights"

REVIEWS

"...the beautiful graphics and the unique game physics as well as original gamplay brings new air to the app store. The truth is out Bombardiers Guild gets a score of 8 out of 10. GET IT!"
- truthbombers.com

"...some of the most fun I have had playing an iPhone game. The intensity when the enemy start hitting your cannon with big shots is really hard to convey, but it really gets my heart beating."
- touchgen.com

"The overall presentation is very impressive. I can say that this game is built with lots of careful attention to details."
- pocketfullofapps.com

"Perfect reviews for the perfect game."
- appcomments.com

"Bombardiers Guild is a beautiful strategy shooter with a hip steam-punk art style, and an interesting gravity based physics engine."
- thecurrentgamer.com

Visit www.bombardiersguild.com for more information.
The saga of the Bombardiers Guild has only just begun...
12-13-2010, 06:12 AM
I took the XL version off a few days ago, but you can still get the standard iPhone version on the iPad. It's almost the same....

In fact there's going to be a Christmas promotion soon, so maybe you should wait until then
12-13-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijo View Post
I took the XL version off a few days ago, but you can still get the standard iPhone version on the iPad. It's almost the same....

In fact there's going to be a Christmas promotion soon, so maybe you should wait until then
Why'd you take the XL version off the store? Are you going to make the app universal?
I'm just a little iffy about iPhone apps on my iPad. It works okay for some (e.g. Carcassone) but not so well for others.

Anyways, thanks for the tip-off at least! I'll definitely look for your Xmas promotion.

12-14-2010, 05:54 AM
Bombardiers Guild is FREE for a limited time:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bombardiers-guild/id339236462?mt=8

Bombardiers Guild is:
- a steampunk styled gravity wars / scorched earth / iShoot type game
- perfect for playing in short 3 minute bursts (yet with an engaging story!)
- perfect for playing with one hand
- easy enough that anybody can get started (now even easier!)
- challenging enough to test everybody's skill (still as hard at the end!)
- some say it's one of the best two player games on the app store

Get it now while it's free!
12-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Any new players in here? Leave some feedback!
12-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Bombardiers Guild is up to 57 (Canada), 67 (US), and 79 (UK). It's always done worse in the UK, which is strange as the story is written in a British accent.

Will it make the top 50?

Need more downloads!

Anyhow, I'm off to buy Christmas presents.
12-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Looks like the AppStore rankings are stuck (58), and FAAD is stuck too.

So Bombardiers Guild is free for a little longer....

Why not download it while you're waiting for the big releases tomorrow?

Aside: I'm thinking of re-skinning BG with a lighter theme. What about Doodle? Maybe I'll make it easier (no recharge on the shields, add a guide trail), and less 'heavy' in feel. Plus GC support, since everybody seems to want that. What do you think?

This is on top of doing new games... sort of tinkering with BG on the side.
12-15-2010, 07:41 AM
I love it as it is, personally. Very stylish. The only game of it's type that I enjoy and keep playing, even though I am not very good at it.

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen
12-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilel View Post
I love it as it is, personally. Very stylish. The only game of it's type that I enjoy and keep playing, even though I am not very good at it.
True. But perhaps it would sell more if it looked more appealing to the mass market... (but like I said, I'd also have to make it easier).
01-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijo View Post
Aside: I'm thinking of re-skinning BG with a lighter theme. What about Doodle? Maybe I'll make it easier (no recharge on the shields, add a guide trail), and less 'heavy' in feel. Plus GC support, since everybody seems to want that. What do you think?

This is on top of doing new games... sort of tinkering with BG on the side.
Doodle would look cool, but I think a geometry wars type look would be cooler for this game Maybe even toss in a few powerups. You could make it easier by making shields weaker (but they still recharge) and adding a HP system.

And YES, add Gamecenter. It's sooo fast and clean.