★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

User wants a refund... after 7 months

11-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
User wants a refund... after 7 months

I just got the strangest email from a customer of Wooden Labyrinth 3D. I'm usually very courteous with my replies to everyone, but this demand is so strange that I'd really want to reply with something imaginative.

In his message, the customer tells me that he had bought the game seven months ago and liked it a lot. However, his iPod Touch was stolen and he has decided against buying a new one. Now, since he cannot use the game anymore, he would like a "full refund of my purchase".

I'm at a loss here. How does one reply to message like that???

Suggestions appreciated. Strangest one might actually be sent!!

Wooden Labyrinth 3D - Apple Design Award winner!
Multitask Madness - test your brain, challenge your friends!
Need quality iPhone consulting or custom applications? Check out my company's website at Qvik.fi!
11-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eVp View Post
Now, since he cannot use the game anymore, he would like a "full refund of my purchase".
Funny thing is: aslong as he uses the same iTunes account, he can still download the game for free...
He's trying to get free money in a sense. Reply to him that if you're using the same account, d'l it again for free.

O... nvm... I thought you wrote 'Decided to go FOR buying a new one,' not against... Woops!

11-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Dear Customer,

Have you tried contacting Apple for a full refund of your iPod touch as well?

back

Last edited by The Bat Outta Hell; 11-18-2009 at 07:47 PM.
11-18-2009, 07:25 PM
get his email onto fail blog, then send him a link to it
11-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Lol, tell him that your bank account was stolen and you're living off scraps you find in the streets. Tell him it would be greatly appreciated if he could make a new iTunes account and buy your game again so you can have enough food to feed your bum cat named Mittens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVp View Post
I just got the strangest email from a customer of Wooden Labyrinth 3D. I'm usually very courteous with my replies to everyone, but this demand is so strange that I'd really want to reply with something imaginative.

In his message, the customer tells me that he had bought the game seven months ago and liked it a lot. However, his iPod Touch was stolen and he has decided against buying a new one. Now, since he cannot use the game anymore, he would like a "full refund of my purchase".

I'm at a loss here. How does one reply to message like that???

Suggestions appreciated. Strangest one might actually be sent!!

Plus+: MiniMe ~ OF: Problem ~ Gameloft: Change ~ AGON: Negamaki
11-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
first of all, epic game, secondly *ahem*:

Dear (insert name here), please dont try to mooch off of me because of your loss. When I was your age i had already killed 7 men, so grow up before you become the 28th. Go knock some sense into that kid, or your parents and just buy another one, because, trust me, i made MANY prank calls when i was younger and im assuming this is one of them.

your truly, go get a life

im just assuming your an adult, sorry

by the way i did something similar to that when i was younger, i traded something with my friend but then it got stolen so i demanded my friend give back the old item, he gave me it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
11-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
I would probably just write something like the following (sorry it's not funny!):
Dear Mr. SoAndSo,

We are sorry for your loss, however, we are unable to process a refund for you. Refunds are handled exclusively by Apple through the iTunes App Store.

Please contact them and tell them your story in order to obtain your refund.

Thank you,

Your Name Here
11-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Wow... that is an odd request. Wait; if he doesn't want to buy a new Ipod, then what will he do with the itunes credit that he would receive if you refunded him???

Oh well... here I go. If you don't want to refund him, here is a suggestion;

Dear "loyal" customer,
I am very sorry to hear that your Ipod Touch was stolen. Unfortunately, I am unable to refund you for the purchase. On a happy note, I'm glad that you were able to enjoy Wooden Labyrinth 3D for such a long time.
Best wishes, and happy holidays,
(Fill in the blank)

I hope this helps!!!

Last edited by VeganTnT; 11-18-2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: grammar mistake
11-18-2009, 07:39 PM
I would just consider this to be another scam. You don't handle the refunds- Apple does.

I've received emails from people claiming to be a reviewer of so-and-so site, and they requested a Promo Code. Yet they couldn't actually prove they were the reviewer- the emails didn't match. After several requests to send me an email from the one listed on the site, they finally give up.

A ragdoll physics platformer:Flickitty
The artist: randall schleufer
Twitter: @FlickittyiPhone
11-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey146 View Post
first of all, epic game, secondly *ahem*:

Dear (insert name here), please dont try to mooch off of me because of your loss. When I was your age i had already killed 7 men, so grow up before you become the 28th. Go knock some sense into that kid, or your parents and just buy another one, because, trust me, i made MANY prank calls when i was younger and im assuming this is one of them.

your truly, go get a life

im just assuming your an adult, sorry

by the way i did something similar to that when i was younger, i traded something with my friend but then it got stolen so i demanded my friend give back the old item, he gave me it
Meh to your letter.

back