★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: [App] LittlePhysics

11-18-2009, 11:37 PM
[App] LittlePhysics

It's free!
Hi everyone, it's my first post here and i hope its in the right subsection!

I'm happy to say that my app
LittlePhysics 2.0 has been released! - it's free and always will be

New to this version are:
*Scenes - everything you make can be saved and loaded later (It also comes with a few scenes preloaded)
*Help messages
*Change bumper-piece angle at anytime
*Two finger scaling
*Two finger rotation
*Varying size pieces in the same scene
*Tiny particles
*Slide to delete

(The lines represent the bump angle or speed)

How it looks

These lines represent how the objects will be thrown

Finally here's a screenshot of my currently in development application:
Hiro Hills

Thank you everyone, I really hope you enjoy my app. It is free, as was the first version but it means a lot to me and I hope people can enjoy it too.
Also I'm not familiar with marketing (in regards to getting it exposure) an app, so if anyone has any advice on that i'd love to hear it.

Ps i hope this post is in the proper subsection!

~Maria

Last edited by onedayitwillmake; 11-19-2009 at 11:12 AM.
11-19-2009, 01:55 AM

(Maria--it's always helpful to add an appstore link to your game and perhaps a video or lite version option)

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby

11-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Oooops

Ooops of course! I suppose it was cus it was so late that I forgot.

So for the record, there is no lite version because my app is free without ads.
I just wanted to make something pretty that people can have fun with

Here's a 2 of videos
http://www.youtube.com/v/c7ejtjTsmwA&hl=en_US&fs=1&
http://www.youtube.com/v/7ugyKl2bc5I&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Thanks for your time everyone, I hope you enjoy the app

~Maria
11-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Embedded:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-19-2009, 11:26 AM
The Orisinal inspired game looks great! Can't wait.

I'll check out this one in the mean time, though.

Thanks and welcome to the forums!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
11-19-2009, 12:16 PM
I must say the graphics for both games are simply fantastic. I'm gonna download LittlePhysics right now.

EDIT: Apparently it requires the 3.1.2 update? Is there anyway you can make it compatible with 3.0? I'd love to try this out but I don't want to update.

Playing: Eliminate, Minigore, Bike or Die, Mini Squadron, Ramp Champ
Waiting For: Chinatown Wars, Project X, Guerrilla Bob
Openfeint: tmcaffeine Plus+: tmcaffeine
Testing: Minigore, 2012 Zombies Vs Aliens, Santa Game, Guerrilla Bob

Last edited by tmcaffeine; 11-19-2009 at 12:20 PM.
11-19-2009, 12:29 PM
hey there, thanks for sharing yer app with us all

i love eye candy style apps and this has a fair bit of depth to it, quite relaxing in fact! do you have any further plans to expand it? perhaps some kind of liquid physic?

look forward to the game to! as for exposure, that can be hit and miss as many before you have discovered. anything free is generally going to appeal to anyone, if they dislike they havnt lost out and your apps look interesting enough to try out. visiting forums frequently, informing people of news and updates are always good ways to start. good luck!

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
11-19-2009, 01:49 PM
@drelbs thanks for that, it didn't seem to work for me using the default youtube embed link.

@tmcaffine - It does require 3.1.2 only because that's what my own device is, and I did not have access to a 3.0 device when I was creating it so I didn't want to risk a random crash bug that didn't appear in the 3.0 simulator.

I'll see if I can submit a 3.0 version tonight, although of course it will take a while to show up.

@acidbottle - Yes I definitely do, could you describe what you have in mind when you say liquid physics?

The next thing i'm adding now is a button where colliding objects become strung together until they're X distance apart (somewhat like this) - http://onedayitwillmake.com/proximity/

Thanks for the information about trying to get exposure for the app, there are actually a lot of great apps being promoted on these forums that I also wouldn't have known about as well so it's a win win posting here!

~Maria
11-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayitwillmake View Post
@tmcaffine - It does require 3.1.2 only because that's what my own device is, and I did not have access to a 3.0 device when I was creating it so I didn't want to risk a random crash bug that didn't appear in the 3.0 simulator.

I'll see if I can submit a 3.0 version tonight, although of course it will take a while to show up.
Thanks.

Playing: Eliminate, Minigore, Bike or Die, Mini Squadron, Ramp Champ
Waiting For: Chinatown Wars, Project X, Guerrilla Bob
Openfeint: tmcaffeine Plus+: tmcaffeine
Testing: Minigore, 2012 Zombies Vs Aliens, Santa Game, Guerrilla Bob
11-19-2009, 03:37 PM
LittlePhysics looks pretty good and I'll download it shortly. Hiro Hills also looks great, although it does seem like a clone of Sunny Day Sky. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to it!

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!