★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New Flick Sports Fishing Bragging site

01-05-2009, 09:46 AM
New Flick Sports Fishing Bragging site

Hello all,
I am trying to start a new site for posting your "record breaking" catches for Flick Sports Fishing. It very new at the moment but I hope it catches on (please forgive the pun). I know I would like a place to centrally brag about my catches and see how I stack up against other players.

You can see my current list at www.ffbraggingpost.com. To send your weights, just "Brag" to the email 'ffbraggingpost@gmail.com' direct emails and screen shots will not be accepted only direct mailing from the app.

Thanks for you time.

Last edited by Walker33; 01-05-2009 at 02:40 PM.
01-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Now I have a reason to purchase the 99 cent app. I've been putting it off, then forgot, but that's really neat. I can only imagine me at church, reeling in a big one...EDIT: Posted tweet on the site. A little more exposure for you.

MacBookPro 17" 2.33, 23" LCD, Ipod Touch 1st Gen- JB'd, Iphone 3g - not JB'd----yet.

Last edited by dcescott; 01-05-2009 at 11:16 AM.

01-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Test

Just as a "HOW TO" appendix, you will need to add brag@ffbraggingpost.com to your contacts. As of right now, there is no way to adhoc the address to brag to inside the application.
01-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcescott View Post
Now I have a reason to purchase the 99 cent app. I've been putting it off, then forgot, but that's really neat. I can only imagine me at church, reeling in a big one...EDIT: Posted tweet on the site. A little more exposure for you.
You missed the boat. It's now $1.99
01-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcescott View Post
Thank you sir!!
01-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Just sent mine in. Great idea
01-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to terrett101
Great idea, I wanted to do something like this on the forums, but never got round to it. I've got a couple to send to you too, question though. Any reason why I wouldn't have a brag link under certain fish? There isn't one under my wahoo for instance, and that's one of two fish I have that beat the current records.
01-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Sweet! I caught a 60 pound pike but thats as heavy as it got xD
01-05-2009, 02:43 PM
note email change.

My most sincere apologies. But the ISP i am using to host the site has an email server that is blocking the flick fishing emails as spam. I have been fighting with them all morning but with no resolution. If you have sent me your records please send them to 'ffbraggingpost@gmail.com'. This will hopefully only be temporary.

again, sorry for the inconvenience.
01-05-2009, 04:55 PM
grrr

I have found in some testing with some coworkers and myself, Flick Fishing has some sort of built in spam filter built into its mail server. this seems to be the cause of the mailing issues. This filter seems to limit the the amount a single address can receive 'brags' to 1 in some give time frame (currently appears to be 30 min). It will allow you to send them, just the recipient only receives the one email.

Given this, and in the spirit that I would like to see this work. I will accept, and encourage, emailed lists (like those seen on on other threads in this forum) on a "on your honor" basis to either "ffbraggingpost@gmail.com" or "brag@ffbraggingpost.com".

Thank you for your patience.