★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bugdom might have the best dpad of any game I played

01-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Bugdom might have the best dpad of any game I played

The dpads in Brothers in Arms and Dropship could take a lesson from Bugdom, as I find Bugdom's to be extremely smooth and easy to use. The game completely changes from crap to amazing with this one control change, and I'm begging Pangea to do the same for Nanosaur.
01-05-2009, 11:05 AM
i agree. when i downloaded bugdom2 i played it for 10 minutes and just deleted from my iphone - controls were awful. and now i really enjoy this title.

big plus pangea!

01-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Can anyone help me find the mouse?

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st
01-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Interesting. I'll have to take a look at that.

What does it do specifically? Does it gradually accelerate after touching, or does it fake an analogue stick (i.e. tilt thumb more left and you turn left faster)?

| Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment | Mike @ Twitter |

Smiles HD for Mac and iPad | Smiles for iPhone/iPod touch (Twitter, Website)
IGF Mobile "Best Game" Finalist | Intel "Elegance in Design" Winner
01-05-2009, 11:45 AM
its a shame Bugdom is really boring :'(
01-05-2009, 12:04 PM
I haven't noticed any acceleration - it's just that the dpad makes movement very easy. The pad itself is just a cross, and there are now buttons for jumping, lifting, kicking, bee attacks, etc
01-06-2009, 10:26 AM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I realized today that Pangea disabled the updated save option. If you don't beat the level because you get a phone call or just have to go, you now have to start at the level's begining as opposed to the most recent checkpoint. Oh come on, that's just retarded.

EDIT: I emailed them and told them to fix this

Last edited by Vende; 01-06-2009 at 11:15 AM.
01-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vende View Post
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I realized today that Pangea disabled the updated save option. If you don't beat the level because you get a phone call or just have to go, you now have to start at the level's begining as opposed to the most recent checkpoint. Oh come on, that's just retarded.
Seriously? That makes no sense whatsover! I haven't played it since it was first released and found it be so frustrating that I nver returned, even with the updates. I was considering trying again due to the save update and now the controls but if they took out the save/checkpoint bit, forget it.
01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Never played Bugdom. Anything like the D-Pad for Hero Of Sparta? I really liked the free flow of it's pad.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Touch Arcade Developer's Group Coordinator
Follow me on Twitter

Guidelines To Offering & Receiving Services
01-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Pangea gave me a prompt response.

"Brian Greenstone <brian@pangeasoft.net> wrote:
The save feature works exactly the same as before. I just tested it again here to be sure and it works fine for me. If the game gets interrupted it asks you if you want to resume it the next time you launch it."

Is it just me? Does anyone else have a problem? I don't want to delete the game and reinstall it yet since I don't want to lose my progress thus far.