★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Eliminate Vs. Modern Combat Vs. NOVA?

11-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to DawnStarWarrior
Eliminate Vs. Modern Combat Vs. NOVA?

Eliminate has held many servers with thousands of people playing and decent gameplay with some stunnin works and graphics. However... Gameloft has promised the online update of Modern Combat before Christmas, with death match and Team deathmatch and Nova is also scheduled for release this season with promised online gameplay. All these games WILL or already have Online FPS modes. I think Nova or Modern Combat will be a better online play because they will all be about skill, not about who has the best dress up doll and who can afford to be more "Dominant" over the other play with real $. Graphics in Nova also seem ALOT smoother than Eliminate. Against Modern Combat, The graphics in Nova are from what ive seen pretty much similar. So what's your say in this? Call of duty like online play vs. Halo online play, Vs. The iPod's excusive FPS that hasn't failed us yet Eliminate?

Keep track on the new update of Modern Combat:
http://twitter.com/modern_combat

Follow Gameloft in important news for Nova:
http://twitter.com/gameloft

Gameloft LIVE: DawnStar
Plus+: DawnStarWarrior
COD Zombies: DawnStar
My iDevice: Don't have one ATM. Mom broke my iTouch
11-19-2009, 05:44 PM
another lame VS thread? make up your own mind

11-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Nova looks like it will top all FPS games, but until it is released and we can play it nobody can say for certain. Right now I'll pick Modern Combat and COD Zombies over Eliminate any day...
11-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Eliminate isn't even good, what's all the hype about it?

It's crap!

Lets hope MC is a lot better.

Playing: RavenSword: The Fallen King, Zenonia and Doom Classic.
Waiting For: Dead Strike. Vampire Origins.
Plus+: Kerrby
GameLoft Live: Kerrby
11-19-2009, 06:57 PM
eliminates not half bad, but it doesnt have depth. And people refuse to learn the controls and just bitch about it on the appstore (and toucharcade *look one post above*)
11-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Yeah I don't really get all the hype on Eliminate either. It's alright but not near as good as you would be led to believe. MC is a much better FPS than Eliminate is even without having multiplayer. If they do add that then Eliminate will fade away, at least for me it will...
11-19-2009, 07:22 PM
MC/Nova will be much better than Eliminate IMO.
The pay to play system is immoral, IMO.

Sorry about this being off topic, but I didn't want to make a thread about this.

Is a new iPhone 3GS 32gb on eBay worth $400?
Could it be a scam? (even though 19 have been sold with all positive feedback).

Hakuna Matata
11-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Eliminate's ok for quick game, but like others said, there's no depth or strategy, the controls are iffy, and IMO, the maps suck. I hate how the matches last 3 minutes, then it's over. Such a rip-off.
11-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Eliminate's ok for quick game, but like others said, there's no depth or strategy, the controls are iffy, and IMO, the maps suck. I hate how the matches last 3 minutes, then it's over. Such a rip-off.
It can't be a rip-off as it's free.
Call of Duty is a rip-off since it's $9.99, no equipment other than weapon changes, and a map that's the size of a school classroom. I'm betting it would cost less than half of that if it had any other name than "Call of Duty", though I'm still unsure what's the hype about that game anyways.
11-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
It can't be a rip-off as it's free.
Call of Duty is a rip-off since it's $9.99, no equipment other than weapon changes, and a map that's the size of a school classroom. I'm betting it would cost less than half of that if it had any other name than "Call of Duty", though I'm still unsure what's the hype about that game anyways.
Are you kidding me?
Call of Duty has bluetooth, local wifi, and online coop, and that alone is $9.99.
The graphics are superb, the sound is incredible, the animations are top-notch.
Wow, just cause you can't get 10 dollars out of your wallet, you say that its a rip-off?
Have you even played it?

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon