★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Who's your favorite?

View Poll Results: Which you like most?
Gameloft 13 44.83%
EA 2 6.90%
Chillingo 8 27.59%
Ngmoco 1 3.45%
Others 5 17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll
11-19-2009, 08:01 PM
#1
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Punturin
Posts: 1,219
Who's your favorite?

so many arguements about who's better
just a quick poll who wins in TA

WTF= What the F*ck!
FTW=F*ck the What?
11-19-2009, 08:16 PM
#2
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: 夣胧桃源
Posts: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugi_igi View Post
so many arguements about who's better
just a quick poll who wins in TA
Who wins what? The lottery?
And there's no "better". They develop different games O_o

11-19-2009, 08:26 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Who wins what? The lottery?
And there's no "better". They develop different games O_o
Ze title of ze pohl eez who yo favoreet. Just vote, or leef. No need to made theengs compleecated. The OP gets heez messeege acrohs.
11-19-2009, 09:02 PM
#4
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 86
Does Chillingo really belong in that list? They publish games ... do they also produce?
11-19-2009, 09:07 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 718
no but i love chillingo.

i'm a chillingo fan boy
11-19-2009, 09:13 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 1,020
Why no "all of the above" option? Honestly, they've all released some great games, some I like, amd some I don't. Besides, you can't really compare them as they appeal to different types of people (i.e. NgMoco releases games mainly intended for casual players, while Gameloft aims toward the more hardcore crowd (I know they've released a number of casual games, but they are generally known for games like Dungeon Hunter, Blades of Fury, and Modern Combat: Sandstorm).

memory cards
11-19-2009, 09:18 PM
#7
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Punturin
Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrandonw View Post
Does Chillingo really belong in that list? They publish games ... do they also produce?
i don't know?
actually i don't like Chillingo, Touch KO isn't much fun for me
and Ravensword isn't made by them
but why does it have the most votes?
anyway i like Gameloft the most because they do everything for their games, they push our device and themselves to the limit
while EA is known for their console games unlike Gameloft known for their mobile games,
EA limits their effort because of the price and it's not their priority
unlike again Gameloft,i think iPhone/iPod Touch is their focus right now
so they make their games without thinking of counter parts on consoles and making the price the lower

WTF= What the F*ck!
FTW=F*ck the What?
11-19-2009, 09:19 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeatinflyincougar View Post
Why no "all of the above" option? Honestly, they've all released some great games, some I like, amd some I don't. Besides, you can't really compare them as they appeal to different types of people (i.e. NgMoco releases games mainly intended for casual players, while Gameloft aims toward the more hardcore crowd (I know they've released a number of casual games, but they are generally known for games like Dungeon Hunter, Blades of Fury, and Modern Combat: Sandstorm).
Yeah I agree. Each company has their own pros and cons. And all in all, I like all of them.

Beta Testing/ed: Undercroft, Baseball Superstars 2010, Battle for Wesnoth, Fuzion, Twilight Golf, Indestructible Tank, Nanomechs Online Multi, Plushed, Ground Effect, Castlecraft, Inotia 2, Boom it Up, Guerrilla Bob, Caligo Chaser, Vanquish, IMO, Crunchy Orbs, Zenonia 2, Luna Story, Aralon, Shadow Era, Hybrid 2
11-19-2009, 09:24 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Punturin
Posts: 1,219
i also agree,but this is just a poll on which you like most
you can't like them equally, i think ?

WTF= What the F*ck!
FTW=F*ck the What?
11-19-2009, 09:30 PM
#10
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: ...
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugi_igi View Post
i also agree,but this is just a poll on which you like most
you can't like them equally, i think ?
So it's basically asking what kind of gamer you are.
NgMoco - casual
Gameloft - hardcore
EA - you like mobile versions of well-known games
Chillingo - this one's a bit hard since they only publish games

I know there are exceptions, but these are the kinds of people they target.

memory cards