★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Starball (simply addicting) by QuantumSquid Interactive [Submitted]

11-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Starball (simply addicting) by QuantumSquid Interactive [Submitted]

Here is an unedited (we mean really unedited ) preview video of our new Starball game...

Simple concept, very addictive.
Submitted.
$0.99.

*** GAME SUMMARY ***
  • Collect as many stars as you can!
  • A hazard ball is spawned each time a star is picked up.
  • A random power-up has a chance to spawn each time a star is picked up.
  • Touch a hazard ball and it's game over.

*** RANDOM POWER-UPS IN GAME ***

Shrinkage - Makes your ball much smaller for a period of time
Slowmo - Slows down hazard balls for a period of time
Ball Bomb - Explodes upon pick up and destroys all hazard balls in a radius around player
Time-Freeze - Stops all hazard balls for a period of time and allows you to pick up stars with out spawning hazard balls
Invinciball - Makes your ball invincible for a period of time allowing you to destroy hazard balls you touch
Ballbuster - Rare drop that destroys ALL hazard balls upon pick up

Recorded game play on a 3G, with a 3GS...

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by QuantumSquid; 11-25-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Added additional game info.
11-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Nice

The game looks great. When did you submit it? I am looking forward to playing it. Very cool use of accelerometer controls.
Cheers,
adamans
@somagames

11-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamans View Post
The game looks great. When did you submit it? I am looking forward to playing it. Very cool use of accelerometer controls.
Cheers,
adamans
@somagames
Thanks adamans!

The video really does not do the game justice. The responsive controls and fast gameplay make it extremely fun and addicting!

Shawn Lehner
Technical Director @ QuantumSquid Interactive
Follow me on Twitter @QuantumSquidDev
Games: Starball - Rabid Gophers - Hamsteria
11-20-2009, 02:41 PM
This looks excellent and definitely seems like one of the better "avoiding" games.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
11-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Cute and basic, might be worth checking out.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palfince View Post
This looks excellent and definitely seems like one of the better "avoiding" games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Cute and basic, might be worth checking out.
Thanks for the support guys!

Around the office we really hope this does well as it has been a significant time waster since its initial creation. It has that "I know I can do better next time" feel which keeps you coming back for more.

Shawn Lehner
11-21-2009, 07:15 PM
This looks really fun to play. I am much more into potentially well done mindless casual games than the "larger" scope ones. I do play games on my iPhone a lot, but only seems to be in 5-10 min spots at a time. It's hard to "get into" a lot of games. But anyway, I digress...

I like the "labryinth" (sp?) tilt type of control with the iPhone, it feels so natural... if its done right and responsive enough though. I am really looking forward to trying this out. Instant buy for me at 99 cents.

You guys need to get some of your games out! None out yet?? This is like the 2nd one or so I think I've seen from Quantumsquid that looks promising.
11-21-2009, 07:40 PM
The concept here reminds me at least somewhat of Mik-Mak

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Send a message via MSN to tukun
look like fun, gonna give it a shot when it shows up on the store
11-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmious View Post
This looks really fun to play. I am much more into potentially well done mindless casual games than the "larger" scope ones. I do play games on my iPhone a lot, but only seems to be in 5-10 min spots at a time. It's hard to "get into" a lot of games. But anyway, I digress...

I like the "labryinth" (sp?) tilt type of control with the iPhone, it feels so natural... if its done right and responsive enough though. I am really looking forward to trying this out. Instant buy for me at 99 cents.

You guys need to get some of your games out! None out yet?? This is like the 2nd one or so I think I've seen from Quantumsquid that looks promising.
Thanks Enigmious!

We do not have any games released on the App Store yet, but we do have both Rabid Gophers and Starball in review.

Be sure to follow us @QuantumSquidDev for any breaking news on releases and new games!

Shawn Lehner