★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

So many games! No more pages!

11-19-2009, 11:20 PM
So many games! No more pages!

All my 11 pages have been filled up! So many good games. I wish Apple will give us more pages/categories and a way to remove games but retain the savedata.

PS: I know there are hidden pages but it's annoying having to type in the name.

Gameloft Live/OpenFeint/AGON/Plus+/iTunes Reviewer: Revlisoft / GameCenter: SilverDragon / Favs: Project Phoenix • Doodle Jump • Dungeon Hunter 2• Sentinel 1/2/3 • Tiny Tower • Cartoon Wars • GoldRush • Dragon Portals • Puzzle Quest 2 • AoD • Trenches • Order & Chaos • Nick Chase • Superfall
11-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlisoft View Post
All my 11 pages have been filled up! So many good games. I wish Apple will give us more pages/categories and a way to remove games but retain the savedata.

PS: I know there are hidden pages but it's annoying having to type in the name.
Categories is a good reason to jail break your iphone.

11-19-2009, 11:31 PM
You can glitch extra visible pages. I have 20 now.
Here's what you do:

1 Move voice recorder or another "undeletable" app icon to the last spot on page 11, i.e. page 11 has to be full with last spot being occupied by voice recorder.
2 Make sure the front page is full of apps.
3 Go to page 11 and move one of the apps from the bottom bar in place of voice recorder app, thus pushing it into another page.
4 Reboot. You should now have a free second page.
11-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Although there might be a reason why apple limited the number of visible pages...
11-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonk View Post
Although there might be a reason why apple limited the number of visible pages...
It's because older devices don't have enough RAM to handle the extra icons; however, I'm not sure why they didn't just give more pages to the newer devices and have a lower limit of pages on older devices.

memory cards
11-19-2009, 11:41 PM
if u complete a game 100% why dont u uninstall it?
11-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
You can glitch extra visible pages. I have 20 now.
Here's what you do:

1 Move voice recorder or another "undeletable" app icon to the last spot on page 11, i.e. page 11 has to be full with last spot being occupied by voice recorder.
2 Make sure the front page is full of apps.
3 Go to page 11 and move one of the apps from the bottom bar in place of voice recorder app, thus pushing it into another page.
4 Reboot. You should now have a free second page.
...if you do this, whatever you do don't use the applications tab of you idevice's summary to manage any of your programs if you are using OS 3.1.2; otherwise, when you sync, all your extra pages will be gone (the apps and data are all perfectly safe) and you'll have to spend the time to re-glitch your pages

...it works wonderfully tho...I have around 22 pages now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-20-2009, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
...if you do this, whatever you do don't use the applications tab of you idevice's summary to manage any of your programs if you are using OS 3.1.2; otherwise, when you sync, all your extra pages will be gone (the apps and data are all perfectly safe) and you'll have to spend the time to re-glitch your pages

What is "you idevice's summary"

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
11-20-2009, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyhjyh View Post
What is "you idevice's summary"
Oh - now I figured it out.

It's the Resumι tab in my Danish iTunes. (Summary in the English version).

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!

Last edited by jyhjyh; 11-20-2009 at 11:20 AM.
11-20-2009, 07:38 AM
i surpased the 144 a long time ago, i think i have 264 apps on my device, non jailbroken

i don't even use the screens anymore, i just do a search

i do wish, however that devs would name their apps what the app name is
i have encountered some apps that are named one thing, but on the device, they are abbreviated and or named something else, so they don't come up in a search under their name..which is awkward