★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

My new app did not make "new releases" again, maybe i need quit.

11-20-2009, 03:20 AM
#1
Joined: May 2009
Location: AU
Posts: 355
My new app did not make "new releases" again, maybe i need quit.

Hi guys

I put this in a new thread cos I do not want to hear opinions about Apple's changes. I am only interested in how to deal with this issue.

My new app iShootTurkey Pro was approved in the midday of November 19. As a result, it was not added to the new releases list until now. Last time, the free version iShootTurkey release in the same way, disappear whole day cann’t believe. on the contrary, I find that some old apps still can be seen on the release date. some apps simply release version 1.0 app every time.... What’s the matter about the ‘new release’? LAME! Perhaps someone have a release date selection now?

Hopes fading away! As an old DEV team, we developed many apps. ‘3D CHESS’, first-ever meaningful 3d chess application in the iPhone. ‘Relax Helper’, more powerful than ‘white noise’, ‘Amazing Piano’ full of original mind piano game etc. more than 30 apps now. Whereas we still can’t seen any our appfeatured in "New and Noteworthy" or “hot”. Live above our income now. If we still can’t benefit from new game ShootTurkey Pro. Maybe we need quit

2012 Counterattack, 2012 Defense, Bounce Bullet, Bone Bone, Rescue Santa, iShootTurkey Pro, 3D Chess, Relax Helper, Adventure Guide, Amazing Piano. Drum Player 3, iViolin Pro
Follow us on Twitter
Join our Facebook group
11-20-2009, 03:42 AM
#2
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 671
I'm not entirely sure but with over 100 000 apps and more coming in every few minutes, I'm not sure whether apple can stuff everything in there page. However I think you were unlucky to miss out every time. If you want to raise your popularity offer your app to review sites or promote it in forums like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrientMaple View Post
Hi guys

I put this in a new thread cos I do not want to hear opinions about Apple's changes. I am only interested in how to deal with this issue.

My new app iShootTurkey Pro was approved in the midday of November 19. As a result, it was not added to the new releases list until now. Last time, the free version iShootTurkey release in the same way, disappear whole day cann’t believe. on the contrary, I find that some old apps still can be seen on the release date. some apps simply release version 1.0 app every time.... What’s the matter about the ‘new release’? LAME! Perhaps someone have a release date selection now?

Hopes fading away! As an old DEV team, we developed many apps. ‘3D CHESS’, first-ever meaningful 3d chess application in the iPhone. ‘Relax Helper’, more powerful than ‘white noise’, ‘Amazing Piano’ full of original mind piano game etc. more than 30 apps now. Whereas we still can’t seen any our appfeatured in "New and Noteworthy" or “hot”. Live above our income now. If we still can’t benefit from new game ShootTurkey Pro. Maybe we need quit

Hi there!

11-20-2009, 03:54 AM
#3
Joined: May 2009
Location: AU
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by itman View Post
I'm not entirely sure but with over 100 000 apps and more coming in every few minutes, I'm not sure whether apple can stuff everything in there page. However I think you were unlucky to miss out every time. If you want to raise your popularity offer your app to review sites or promote it in forums like this.
too much people just submitted first tiny app. get on "New and Noteworthy" or "hot"
Unfair!!!

2012 Counterattack, 2012 Defense, Bounce Bullet, Bone Bone, Rescue Santa, iShootTurkey Pro, 3D Chess, Relax Helper, Adventure Guide, Amazing Piano. Drum Player 3, iViolin Pro
Follow us on Twitter
Join our Facebook group
11-20-2009, 03:56 AM
#4
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Here No More
Posts: 792
Hi,

Like itman mentioned, it looks like you just got caught in a crunch of new apps.

The holiday season will likely see a big increase of apps and this will not help apps get the kind of attention they need.

I feel for you.

David
11-20-2009, 04:06 AM
#5
Joined: May 2009
Location: AU
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpgliss View Post
Hi,

Like itman mentioned, it looks like you just got caught in a crunch of new apps.

The holiday season will likely see a big increase of apps and this will not help apps get the kind of attention they need.

I feel for you.

David
yep, i got ur point.
the holiday season is coming. we still need hard working...
but why old app can still display on the release date list?
a similarity of version No. 1.0

2012 Counterattack, 2012 Defense, Bounce Bullet, Bone Bone, Rescue Santa, iShootTurkey Pro, 3D Chess, Relax Helper, Adventure Guide, Amazing Piano. Drum Player 3, iViolin Pro
Follow us on Twitter
Join our Facebook group
11-20-2009, 05:21 AM
#6
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 731
Something's definitely not right with the release-date list. I released my app Insulting Monk a couple of weeks ago and it was a now show on that list for days. When it finally wound up it was pushed down to something like page 6 (in iTunes) and older apps were still floating around on page 1.

Now, Insulting Monk might very well not have been my ticket to fame and fortune (after all it contains absolutely no boobs) but it would have been nice if it at least had a glimmer of visiblity the day it came out. Alas, parts of the App Store seems a bit flakey at the moment and Fortuna didn't feel like giving me a hand on this occasion.
11-20-2009, 05:58 AM
#7
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 58
where is the new releases list that everyone speaks of?
11-20-2009, 06:52 AM
#8
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 241
Send a message via MSN to tukun
Quote:
Originally Posted by minga View Post
where is the new releases list that everyone speaks of?
its on appstore, on ur iphone tap on release date. it show the most recent apps
11-20-2009, 06:39 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 537
I don't think those lists have a large effect on sales. You are much more likely to be seen on the Appshopper feeds by people who buy apps regularly than on a list that takes 3-4 taps to get to. Appshopper, in my experience, gets pretty much everything no matter what Apple does.
I think you should keep at it. Try to find another way to market your app like TA threads (you're already doing this) or promotions.

Plus+: Blake365
Openfient: Blake365
11-20-2009, 06:55 PM
#10
Joined: May 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
I don't think those lists have a large effect on sales.
I was skeptical that these lists did anything but thanks to the new rules (revs don't appear as new) and the fact that racing games is one of the slowest moving new release lists. I was on the first page for about 9 days.

My sales took a serious dive when it finally moved to the second.

-=< Fat Owl With A Jetpack >=-
-=< Topia World Builder >=-
-=< Twitter >=-
-=< Blog >=-