★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 12-2-09

In the interest of getting the word out on this cool, inventive game we've decided to make this version free. This way everybody can try the game out and if they like it can purchase the upcoming full version (more levels, more enemies, more weapons) that will be released in the near future!

Game Overview:

Use the technology behind your iPod Touch or iPhone to prevent annihilation of Earth's population! An alien armada is heading our way and only a pair of angelic ships positioned opposite each other stand in their way.

Gameplay Overview:

Using the accelerometer, move the ships up and down to attack the enemies scrolling from the top-center of the screen. Drag and drop unique weapons on to your ships to thwart the aliens' advance. Each weapon has strengths and weaknesses so try different strategies against the enemy.

Feature List:

- Highly unique, one-of-kind gameplay experience exclusively designed for the iPod Touch and iPhone.

- Beautiful cutscenes set up each level before the battle begins.

- Gorgeous pixel art combined with cool animations of the ANGLS and the aliens that threaten Earth.

- Heart pounding soundtrack gets your blood pumping during the fight!

- Drag and drop weapons using the touch screen forcing you to constantly switch depending on which aliens are present.

- Inventive blend of the shooter and tower defense genres.

- For fans of shooters, tower defense games, and other actions games in general.

BlazingLizard's comments:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crossfyre/id340170741?mt=8

Game Overview:

Use the technology behind your iPod Touch or iPhone to prevent annihilation of Earth's population! An alien armada is heading our way and only a pair of angelic ships positioned opposite each other stand in their way.

Gameplay Overview:

Using the accelerometer, move the ships up and down to attack the enemies scrolling from the top-center of the screen. Drag and drop unique weapons on to your ships to thwart the aliens' advance. Each weapon has strengths and weaknesses so try different strategies against the enemy.

Feature List:

- Highly unique, one-of-kind gameplay experience exclusively designed for the iPod Touch and iPhone.

- Beautiful cutscenes set up each level before the battle begins.

- Gorgeous pixel art combined with cool animations of the ANGLS and the aliens that threaten Earth.

- Heart pounding soundtrack gets your blood pumping during the fight!

- Drag and drop weapons using the touch screen forcing you to constantly switch depending on which aliens are present.

- More levels to be added bi-weekly! Each new level will feature new aliens and new weapons to use.

- Inventive blend of the shooter and tower defense genres.

- For fans of shooters, tower defense games, and action games in general.
11-20-2009, 06:46 AM

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 11-20-2009 at 06:48 AM.

11-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Looks good. Put it on the M.P.I.U.L.B.I.L.P.C. list. (still don't ask)

OMG. Double Rainbow!
User ID: Gryphon23 Agon: Gman23
"Birthday Cake, is just Birthday Cake without a little gravy..." Gravy makes EVERYTHING better.
11-20-2009, 09:05 AM
looks interesting, I looked for video but couldn't find anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Yea, we don't have a video just yet. Hoping to resolve this by Monday.
12-01-2009, 10:36 AM
is there any kind of score tracking? I got to wave 10 the first game I played and once the game ended I was looking for a high score table but could not find one

Also, I wish there was a screen showing what the different weapons addons do...I picked up a yellow "S" and when I put it on my gun, it got an electrical looking shield effect, but then it would no longer fire? So effectively this put me down to one working gun.

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
12-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Are there leaderboards ? and is there an option for touch control ?
12-01-2009, 11:21 AM
We experimented with touch control early on and found that the game was much worse. We felt the game was best played with the accelerometer.

RE: High Scores, yes we do have a high score feature but scores are only tracked once you've survived all waves (like tower defense games) in a level (these scores are tracked in the level select screen).

RE: Weapon descriptions, the idea here is to experiment with different weapons. As mentioned in instructions screen you can actually remove weapons you dropped on your ship by simply dragging them off. You can do this as many times as you want so try experimenting with different weapon combinations.
12-01-2009, 11:24 AM
How often are gun powerups supposed to fall...in my 10 round game, I only saw two.

Quote:
Quote:
12-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Actually, I'm wrong (still need my morning coffee) there are 10 waves per level. Level one only has two unique weapon drops (one of which is a shield that regens your ships health at the cost of the inability to fire - again simply drag the shield off your ship to start firing again). Level 2 features 3 unique weapons, and new levels I add into the game will feature new weapons and new ships to kill!

In fact, I'm about ready to send an update to Apple today!