★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Crash Kart! 3.49 for 12 Levels!!!!

01-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Crash Kart! 3.49 for 12 Levels!!!!

When the appstore first came to Itunes, for all us 1st gen Touch or iphone users, it was a wonderful thing. I remember going onto the app store for the very first time and got terribly excited because Crash Kart was present (my favourite ever ps1 game) and so I instantly bought it. My first opinions were it was outstanding, far beyond what i imagined an ipod game to be. However within a few days I had already completed the game, and found my self eager for more. I assumed more levels would be added as this was the very first week of the app store.

Almost 6 months later, the standards of games on the ipod touch and iphone has increased by a phenomenal standard however Crash Kart has never had one update in that time other than once which i believe was stability fixes / bug fixes. A recent glance over the top paid apps over Christmas made me see it was top and realised this issue. With the standards of games these days and update capabilities i think it is an outrage for them not to have updated to more than 12 tracks and only 9 missions.

Any once else agree?
(Sorry if I ranted a bit )

William - Ipod Touch 1st Gen - 2.2
01-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Crash is 2nd in the App Store (US). They take a look at that and don't see the need to update, even though we do.

01-05-2009, 07:55 PM
I am stuck on the last level of Crash Kart
Also Vivendi Mobile have already made their millions from this app so I guess they don't care about it anymore. Also how come Vivendi still owns this app. I thought they went away?
01-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Send a message via MSN to firstprime
i would like to see longer story, and mini games whit 2d sonic like gameplay.
like in the ps1 version...
01-05-2009, 08:44 PM
the fact that it's crash kart it gonna trigger who knows how many impulse buys. I expected it to be like a revamped version of the old crash kart but was disappointed, as many others are undoubtly so.
01-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Why would they release a game that isn't finished?
They obviously think it is a good price for the content and there is no reason to update it.

(I don't own the game so I don't know how good it is)
01-05-2009, 10:36 PM
They know the Crash name sells and because of this don't see the need to update.

I have noticed a disturbing trend with App Store developers. It seems the big name developers put their game out at high price points and let it lie, with no updates, while the smaller/indie developers continue to improve their apps at generally lower prices than the big names.
01-06-2009, 09:05 AM
I guess the developers anticipated an influx of ipod touch/iphone buyers around the holiday season and knew they could keep the game at the same price for the new owners due to brand recognition. Smart move, they must have made a mint since December.