★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Fallen (episodic Survival Horror)

11-21-2009, 03:45 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Fallen (episodic Survival Horror)

Episodic survival horror comes to iPhone with Fallen

As often seem to be the way, there are a couple of gritty survival horror games heading to iPhone.

Psychoz Interactive is working on Dead Strike and its sequel Forgotten Memories, while Italian outfit 7th Sense Studios is in the process of submitting the first episode of its Fallen series.

In this you play a hot-headed anti-hero Roman Mendez as he makes his way through '40 dark, gloomy locations, with a touch of mystery mood and action'.

Taking a 2.5D perspective to better control the third person game, Fallen mixes up exploration, fighting, object picking, and mini-games.

It's been developed using 7th Sense's own LAIN middleware engine.

And ensuring you're kept on the edge of your seat, there will be cinematic cutscenes and a frightening ambience soundtrack.

Fallen EP-1 has been submitted to the Apple for approval and should be out in December, and EP-2 is already in development.

Waiting for Apple approval, Fallen’s main character issues some burning official statements. Roman Mendez, hot-headed jailbird, makes his allegations from the isolation cell where he has been shut. 7th Sense, game development company and character’s main interlocutor, makes his thoughts public to press and gamers.

“This is a public charge. 7th Sense exploit the characters of its games with no mercy. Since the day the development started, I had to work hours and hours, into this shitty location. Look at the screenshots, if you don’t trust me!” 7th Sense spokesperson answers: “Fallen EP-1, our new iPhone game, includes more than 40 dark, gloomy locations, with a touch of mystery mood and action. Well, it’s a survival horror game, not a pinky game for baby girls… have you ever seen a hero moaning so much?”

Actually, the game frightening ambience is made worse thanks to the original soundtrack and sound effects and many minigames to win. It won’t make main character life easy, while trying to escape from a strangely desert prison.. all but empty.

Roman, already warned not to disclose other details about the game, looks forward to the players willing to offer their help in this 2.5D adventure: “I need allies. Pull your fingers out and help me leaving this place. They think I have nothing better to do than going through their dirty scenarios. Do you think they ever asked me if I feel like facing all those monsters? Hey, I’m a criminal, but I don’t think I deserved all this shit.” Angry words, full of rage.

The main character of the first survival horror game for iPhone presses: “Since these bloody developers ran away with producing “Fallen”, I have been in a living hell. They told me I would have won fame and made money, but it’s just plain hard work: take this item, bring it there, use it with this one, move that object, turn that other, kill this, cut that.. it’s a nightmare! I want to be discharged. I and the game, have to be released!”

“Gameplay dynamics”, 7th Sense states, “are a tribute to great classic of survival horror game genre, midway between graphic adventures and action games.

It includes explorations, fighting, object picking, new minigames to win and many scenarios to unlock while slowly unravelling the story.” It would be useless, in fact, complaining about the interaction surplus. “It’s a plus, if anything.”

“Fallen EP-1”, meanwhile, is awaiting for Apple thumb up, and gamers can warm up their fingers. In fact, in order to reassure people who fear a characters strike, 7th Sense declares: “The first two episodes of the game have been developed at the same time, and publishing on App Store won’t be stopped by any characters strike.”

Roman Mendez is warned.

“Fallen EP-1”, is expected to be released on App Store on December.

The game official website is:http://fallen.7thsensestudios.com/fallen/main.html
11-21-2009, 04:03 AM
looks pretty good. December is pretty close, yet i still can't wait! :P

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch

11-21-2009, 05:35 AM
Hi there,
Congrats about your game!
Am one of the Dead Strike team programmers and co-founder of Psychoz Interactive.
Just to let you know, Dead Strike was submitted to Apple last week (November 15th). It should be ready by December 2009 first week. Even if we are about to finish our first major update, Dead Strike is not a W.I.P.
11-21-2009, 09:37 AM
looks alright, might pick it up depending on gameplay videos.. need to save up! decembers gonna be a big month, and im already getting a survival horror game (dead strike)
11-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Congrats about your game looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
11-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Dude... that's pretty much old-school Resident Evil, the one thing I wanted on the iPhone... instant buy from me if it turns out to be any good. With this, Dead Strike, and COD: Zombies, there's no shortage of good horror games lately.

Any idea on price?
11-21-2009, 03:44 PM
does this game have a fixed camera like the early silent hill games?
11-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Alerif Send a message via Skype™ to Alerif
Looks very interesting and stylish...
11-23-2009, 09:24 AM
This is one of the most anticipating games for me. I just hope that the story will be ok

Proud member of TAAP. Join us and support the developers.
Openfeint, Plus+, Crystal: madamocta GameCenter: Lady Raveena
11-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Great to see some quality horror games coming.