★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Who is mad at this?

11-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Who is mad at this?

Is it just me or does anybody else absolutely hate the idea of in app purchases? That new dog game, eliminate, rolando 2. It sucks the fun out of it because to be good, you have to pay. Ugh. I hope this trend doesn't continue!
11-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Yeah, it kinda seems ridiculous. I just want the game when I get it, I don't want to have to buy it in installations.

Bone digger Bone digger

11-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Tendog View Post
Yeah, it kinda seems ridiculous. I just want the game when I get it, I don't want to have to buy it in installations.
for sure unless they are big expansion packs with more levels. I just hate how you have to pay for upgrades to give yourself an advantage over other people.
11-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Having to keep buying stuff to play a game sucks. I like paying one time for a game, and then having access to all of the game's features, all the time. Though paying for DLC, depending on what it is, is fine with me.

I hope developers will start moving towards ditching the whole Lite thing and just have it so you download one version, then have to do an in-app purchase to unlock the full game. It'll help prevent piracy, at least for a while.
11-21-2009, 07:51 PM
You never have to pay a cent if you don't want to for both Eliminate and Touch Pets.
11-21-2009, 07:59 PM
I like in-app purchases. It lets me chose what I want to download. So when I'm done with playing what I've downloaded I'll pay and play what's next.

and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
11-21-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't mind it when the ingame items are worth it, since eliminate was given to us for free I found it worth my time to buy about £1.79 worth of power cells, but that's all as the game is annoying now, plus they keep changing the energy recharge rates... one day it's near instant and another day it's 4 hours. VERY off putting. Plus the price for cells is too much for too little.

Apart from that i'm cool with it. Rolando 2 does it well as buying all the chapters is the same price as buying the app fully on the app store, at today's asking price that is.

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab
11-21-2009, 08:09 PM

those are some good points, I just like there to be an even playing field you know? I will fork out 10 bucks for a good game that everybody pays for but like in eliminate, I just deleted it because I'd have to wait so long and then get killed in a few seconds because I had regular stuff and this one guy had the laser haha, didnt last long
11-21-2009, 08:20 PM

I kind of go back and forth on the subject.

Would rather buy a game and get a certain amount of gameplay commensurate with the purchase price.

I do think, in general, there should be some attempts to add new content to keep customers who have bought your app interested in maybe buying your other apps.

If they do add new free content and then do DLC, I am not opposed to this.

When I say new free content, I am not saying massive amounts need to be added, just something to freshen the experience maybe.

The massive new content, charge extra for, as there is a lot of time, effort, and money involved in developing.

There just needs to be a balance somewhere, I guess.

As for Eliminate and Touch Pets, they feel like money pits to me and something I would never get into.

11-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Send a message via MSN to tukun
they need to make money somehow. So i have no problem w in app purchase, as long as the content worth the price.