★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Raptisoft
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.5 MB
  • Version: 3.51
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.4 (8)
App description: Hoggy is a fun puzzle platformer that combines the best elements of classic side-scrolling video games with a unique puzzle flavor!

You control Hoggy. Your girlfriend has been kidnapped by the moon men, and the only way to get her back is to eat all the fruit out of 45 crazy jar-worlds!

The game has simple controls. Tip your iPhone to move Hoggy left or right, and touch the screen to reverse his gravity.

Use your reflexes to grab all the fruit in each level, and use your mind to force your enemies to grab the fruit you can't reach!

It's a great retro-arcade experience! If you love side scrollers and arcade action, you'll love Hoggy!

Devilishly Good's comments:
Front Page: http://toucharcade.com/2009/12/09/ho...le-platformer/

11-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Now on sale for 1.99.

Not a bad puzzler if I may add. It doesn't have my full recommendation but definitely worth a try for those who love platformers. Has a pinch of mario in it with some pretty cool puzzle solving. Not a fan of tilt controls but works fine for me.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

11-30-2009, 12:07 PM
A lite version is now availible - It's a very good puzzle type game and is definately worth a try. I purchased the full version after playing the lite

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
11-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Im very impressed with this game, I tried the lite version and I liked alot.
buying the full version now.
11-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Ditto. Just finished the lite version, buying full. And I am normally not drawn in by puzzlers. Game seems to have that "must finish level" quality.
12-04-2009, 06:06 PM
This should get more attention. Very well done game.

FDG Entertainment
Across Age, Banana Kong, Venture Kid, Blosics, Bloody Harry, Blueprint 3D, Blossom Tales, Monster Boy, LONEWOLF, Beyond Ynth, Tower Boxing, Paperama, Car Toons!, Chicken Raid, Clear Vision, Crystal Siege, Tentacle Wars, Expand it!, Captain Antarctica, Cover Orange, Roar Rampage, Slayin, Slide Circus, Oceanhorn, Parachute Panic, Physics Gamebox, Bobby Carrot Series and many more!
Follow us on Twitter
12-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Not usually a fan of tilt control for a game like this but it does look good. I will give it a try
12-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Not usually a fan of tilt control for a game like this but it does look good. I will give it a try
Nor am I and I tried this game kicking and screaming but then turned out to really LOVE it!!!!!
12-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future777 View Post
This should get more attention. Very well done game.
I agree, the most reasonable conclusion is the fact that it came at a time where quite a few notable titles were released and the fact that the name Hoggy, isn't too welcoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
I have to say I am the biggest fan of not being a fan of tilt controls but the controls turned out to be very tight.

Bought this a while ago as I was intrigued by the artwork, looked like a mix of kirby and mario platforming.

One of the most unique things about the game is that instead of tapping to jump up, you tap to jump from the floor to the ceiling.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
12-04-2009, 06:28 PM
I quite liked the lite but didn't really feel the full version would add that much more. I'm surprised it's not more popular around here though, it's really nice looking and the puzzles/platforming are cleverly done.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ