★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hexile - official release announcement / discount

01-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Hexile - official release announcement / discount

Hexile was officially released on the app store recently, and after receiving some AMAZING feedback from this forum, I just wanted to thank you all.

We heard some useful and kind things on the previous thread:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=3054

Finally, I just wanted to let you all know that our team is hosting a price drop to 99 cents. The price change has been posted to iTunes and is live now, so if you're interested in buying, or curious about the game, we welcome you to check it out.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Link

Just wanted to let you all know first, since you've been so helpful in your thorough feedback and bug hunting. Your appreciation for the game is already fueling development for the first and second updates.

Kevin
Dev/Support Contact
Fusion Development Group

/// UPDATE ///
The price drop has been extended through January. We had hoped for more downloads and visibility, and at the $0.99 price point, we think that will happen. For those that have played so far, we could use some more killer reviews on iTunes. Thanks again!

Last edited by salsamd; 01-22-2009 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Promo continued
01-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
gonna purchase this sumbitch now ^_^

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !

01-05-2009, 09:12 PM
I jut got it too. I've been eyeballing it.
01-05-2009, 09:17 PM
i bought it yesterday and im addicted. kinda short but the updates should help with that. well worth the money. graphics, sound, etc all very well done. it gets fun quickly. i think this is the first price drop im not pissed off about. i bought it for 1.99 and im ok with the drop. i want more people buying it so we get more updates!

the higher levels are nuts.

Last edited by J.R. Jalapeno; 01-05-2009 at 09:20 PM.
01-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Wow, it looks really nice. You just got a purchase from me.
01-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
I might get it, is it any good. The idea sounds sort boring. I'll see what you all say, though. I'd like to get it on sale, if you call can persuade me that its good.
01-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
I might get it, is it any good. The idea sounds sort boring. I'll see what you all say, though. I'd like to get it on sale, if you call can persuade me that its good.
its a buck. that's like 1/4 cup of a starbucks latte. $10 games need convincing. $1 games are like a scratch off lottery ticket. sometimes you win and sometimes you dont. your a gambling man, no?
01-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Jalapeno View Post
its a buck. that's like 1/4 cup of a starbucks latte. $10 games need convincing. $1 games are like a scratch off lottery ticket. sometimes you win and sometimes you dont. your a gambling man, no?
The problem is that if you start to buy all those $0.99 games you'll end up spending a lot of money at the end of a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
Here's my review from the first topic:

First of all this game has a nice presentation: top-notch graphics, music and sound. I just wish to see less system message box (e.g. the one displayed when you lose a level) and more a seemly interface that matches the game theme.

This is a nice pick up and play puzzle game for two simple and welcome reasons: it has a simple gameplay (you eliminate numbers in descending/ascending order) and you can always continue from where you left, even if you lose.

Basically you can enjoy and try to beat the 620 levels without the stress to start from level/stage 1 again. That's an awesome approach when you need a game to kill some free time. Excellent!

The first stage is easy so you have a chance to understand the game. Nice.

But when you advance the game starts to get a bit complicated (in a good way) and time is more than precious. The result: you have to use some strategy based on your first look of the board level and don't waste any second.

When things get tough then you can start to use the power-ups to help you win the level. Later levels introduces more power-ups like the "Time Dilator" and the "BioTox" bomb.

Usually I feel that most of the games should add something to the gameplay but this time I really don't feel it. This game has a nice approach that makes you enjoy all levels without worrying about lose all your effort just because you didn't win a stage.

However this game needs some refinements like an in game tutorial (just a web one right now) and a way to play in both landscape orientations. Those are minor things that are not enough to hold anyone from trying it.

Finally, just a small request: statistics. It'd be nice to check how many levels were played, how many power-ups were used, winnings/losses (level) and so on.

5/5 for me that love puzzle games more than any other genre.

PS: sometimes I just wish I had more time to enjoy the game a bit more (maybe an easy mode in the future with more time?).

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

Last edited by Carlos-Sz; 01-05-2009 at 09:26 PM.
01-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Jalapeno View Post
Well, I usually am, but I've been adding my reciepts, and its a little shocking. Over $300, so I need to save as much as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
The problem is that if you start to buy all those $0.99 games you'll end up spending a lot of money at the end of a month.

Here's my review from the first topic:

First of all this game has a nice presentation: top-notch graphics, music and sound. I just wish to see less system message box (e.g. the one displayed when you lose a level) and more a seemly interface that matches the game theme.

This is a nice pick up and play puzzle game for two simple and welcome reasons: it has a simple gameplay (you eliminate numbers in descending/ascending order) and you can always continue from where you left, even if you lose.

Basically you can enjoy and try to beat the 620 levels without the stress to start from level/stage 1 again. That's an awesome approach when you need a game to kill some free time. Excellent!

The first stage is easy so you have a chance to understand the game. Nice.

But when you advance the game starts to get a bit complicated (in a good way) and time is more than precious. The result: you have to use some strategy based on your first look of the board level and don't waste any second.

When things get tough then you can start to use the power-ups to help you win the level. Later levels introduces more power-ups like the "Time Dilator" and the "BioTox" bomb.

Usually I feel that most of the games should add something to the gameplay but this time I really don't feel it. This game has a nice approach that makes you enjoy all levels without worrying about lose all your effort just because you didn't win a stage.

However this game needs some refinements like an in game tutorial (just a web one right now) and a way to play in both landscape orientations. Those are minor things that are not enough to hold anyone from trying it.

Finally, just a small request: statistics. It'd be nice to check how many levels were played, how many power-ups were used, winnings/losses (level) and so on.

5/5 for me that love puzzle games more than any other genre.

PS: sometimes I just wish I had more time to enjoy the game a bit more (maybe an easy mode in the future with more time?).
Thanks a lot. That convinced me to pull the trigger on this one.
01-05-2009, 10:04 PM
this game is truly fantastic.
i love music, sounds and you proved that even small games can have great graphics. now sorry, it's a hexile time!